VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a filter or plugin that allows you to do this using VDub or VdubMod?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not as far as I know. You'll have to demux the audio as WAV, open it in a WAV Editor (Audacity, for example), mute whatever you want in there, and then add the edited audio, perhaps after reconverting back to whatever it was earlier (AC3, MP3, whatever), back into the video.

And if I'm wrong about not being able to do it directly in VDub, I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you open it with AVISynth and use the Amplify function?
    There are no problems - only chances to excel.
    -- Unknown
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by M Bruner View Post
    Can you open it with AVISynth and use the Amplify function?
    Yes, but that requires reencoding the video too.

Best way is it demux the audio and edit it, and then replace the old audio with this using VDub.

If the audio is MP3, you can edit and change volume in MP3DirectCut with no degradation.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is possible with Virtualdub but it's a lot of work. You'd have to save segments of the video and piece them together. You'd need to use smart render also unless you can cut on key frames. Under Audio, in Full Processing Mode, click the Volume button and click "Adjust volume of audio channels" and move the slider all the way to the left. This will mute the audio.

It would be easier to do this with an audio editor like others have suggested.
    Quote Quote