VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just downloaded season 3 of ghost hunters. Its on AVI format 19 45 minute clips. What is the best way to put them on DVD?

Should I hook like 6 together into one and then use Image Burn to put it on DVD or is there a easy way?

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator redwudz

2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    19 X 45 = 865 minutes or 14 hours. It depends on their quality and the quality you want on the DVD. I would be tempted to go with 1/2 D1 format and put about 4 hours per DVD. That would give you about five episodes per disc. You could stretch that to six episodes and 4.5 hours easy enough. For info on the DVD format and 1/2 D1, look to 'WHAT IS' DVD to the upper left on this page.

If you put the running time of five or six episodes into a bitrate calculator, that will tell you the bitrate needed. I would also use AC3 or other fairly compact and DVD compliant audio to maximize the video bitrate. Using a running time of 4.5 hours for six episodes, I come up with about 2000Kbps bitrate, about right for 1/2 D1. You could drop it down to VCD bitrate of 1150Kbps if your source quality is lower and put about twice that many on a DVD.

Bitrate calculators here: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/bitrate-calculators

How you encode it to MPEG-2 or MPEG-1 is up to you. I usually use a stand alone MPEG encoder and DVD authoring program. You can find both as freeware. Or you could use a all-in-one converter that may work for you. No matter which way, you need to know what bitrate it will use so you, or it can determine the filesize and quality.

Of course if you have a Divx set top player and the episodes are Divx compliant, you could save a lot of time and energy by just burning them to a DVD data disc with ImgBurn.

Search Comp PM
    sorry but this isn't the site to be asking about ripped off sh*t. unless you'd like to get banned? you've been here long enough to at least have picked up that you can't word questions that way.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How is it ripped off, its my tapes I want to back up on DVD?

Search Comp PM
    downloaded? ok, seems to have been approved anyway....
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303

6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    aedipuss makes a good point and I missed that it was a downloaded TV series. That would be in violation of our rules for Warez:
    Warez rules
    What is warez? Obtained IP (intellectual property: software/music/movies/tv-series/tv-shows) either through download.........'