VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Firefox and Internet Explorer are unable to sign in at »www.academy.com/, but Google Chrome can sign in normally. Both Firefox and Internet Explorer after entering email and password, then click sign in results in no sign in and displays message "The combination of Email Address and Password is incorrect. Please try again.". Does anyone know the cause of the problem or how to fix it? Why does Chrome work as it should but not Firefox and Internet Explorer?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    did you try clearing your internet cookies ?? also try checking your antivirus software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Run HitmanPro (trial version 30 days) to clear tracking cookies and find any malware that might be lurking. It found a couple that my paid version of Malwarebytes didn't get rid of but did find and quarantined, but kept coming back (RiskWare.BitCoinMiner). HitmanPro finally eliminated it off my computer. Thinking of purchasing when the trial runs out. So worth a try.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by bevills1 View Post
    Why does Chrome work as it should but not Firefox and Internet Explorer?
    To rule out a cookie issue, open a private tab (ctrl+alt+P)/private window (ctrl+shift+P) when Firefox is running and try signing in...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Private window and cookies were both tried, and results for both were that it returned to the sign in screen after email and password were entered and then click sign in. The only difference was it didn't give the message "The combination of Email Address and Password is incorrect. Please try again." I'm still unable to sign in with Firefox and Internet Explorer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps an add-on is interfering?
    In Firefox, Help/restart with add-ons disabled
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bevills1 View Post
    Private window and cookies were both tried, and results for both were that it returned to the sign in screen after email and password were entered and then click sign in. The only difference was it didn't give the message "The combination of Email Address and Password is incorrect. Please try again." I'm still unable to sign in with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

what antivirus software do you use ?? try temporarily disabling it and try signing in.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Try turning off Tracking Protection. And/or enabling Third Party Cookies.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried turning off Tracking Protection. and enabling Third Party Cookies, and the problem persists. I have Avast anti-virus, but I won't do anything online with it disabled because I once acquired some malware by doing that. The only add0n I use is U-Block which shows "Requests blocked on this page 6 or 7%" for the Academy.com sign in page, but it also shows "Requests blocked on this page 8 or 13%" for this VideoHelp page. I don't know if that's the cause of the Academy.com sign in problem, but I have no problem signing in to VideoHelp.
    Last edited by bevills1; 1st Apr 2018 at 10:04.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried turning off Tracking Protection. and enabling Third Party Cookies, and the problem persists. I have Avast anti-virus, but I won't do anything online with it disabled because I once acquired some malware by doing that. The only add0n I use is U-Block which shows "Requests blocked on this page 6 or 7%" for the Academy.com sign in page, but it also shows "Requests blocked on this page 8 or 13%" for this VideoHelp page. I don't know if that's the cause of the Academy.com sign in problem, but I have no problem signing in to VideoHelp.
    you should be able to temporarily disable the U-block in order to get to the log on page.
    i have an older computer with no script add on and some web pages you have to temporarily disable no script just to get to the log in page.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    U-Block disabled, and the problem persists. The cause must be something else.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    U-Block disabled, and the problem persists. The cause must be something else.
    try disabling the web shield in avast settings.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Shields in Avast disable, and problem persists. I think it's a bug or something lacking in Firefox and Internet Explorer since Chrome works with no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  14. You do have first party cookies enabled, right?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, cookies are enabled, and I even tried temporarily enabling third party cookies which didn't help.
    Quote Quote