VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I want to make some blurays disks on my computer from my camcorder mts files using sony vegas 9. Supposedly sony vegas can do this but
    I am now wondering what bluray player I should get to play these files on my tv. Will cinavia be an issue when playing
    these movies I burnt on my computer. Any recommendation on good/cheap bluray player to handle this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the videos come from your camcorder, not sure how Cinavia would show up in home movies.

If you want a cheap BD player, take a look at some from Samsung.
    I have one that plays my MKVs on BD data discs, besides commercial BDs, so it seems fairly versatile and was about $50US.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There are NO camcorders that create BDMV clips, but MANY camcorders that create AVCHD clips. So, get a BD player that also supports AVCHD (check to see whether you need v2.0 or just v1.0).

If you are actually editing your AVCHD clips in Vegas, whether it plays or not depends on how you export from Vegas. Exporting to AVCHD or BDMV (and then burning to disc)-if that is an available option in 9-would be the most straightforward (and hopefully would be lossless/smartrendering), but you could always export as AVC in MKV or MP4 if you intend to watch with other players/portably.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 7th Mar 2015 at 08:59.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!