VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Forgive me but I feel like I asked this before but I'm getting old and can't recall.

When typing text for posting it's pretty common to want to add a url, quote or img somewhere within already typed text. Even if I move the cursor into an empty area whenever I click on one of those buttons it adds the tag at the bottom of the page and it's stuck right next to the last character with no spaces. After the quote or url is completed it has to be cut and paste to where we want it placed but with no space it makes it harder to highlight by itself to cut it without picking up some stray characters from the previous text.

See the last part of the next statement, I left the quote tag open on purpose to show what it looks like in the posting box.
    Can it be fixed to so the "opening tags end up at the cursor position and not at the end of page like this[quote]fake quote
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could select the text and then click on the img/quote/etc-button instead.

I'm going to switch to phpbb3 soon so I'm not going to fix something is this forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    You could select the text and then click on the img/quote/etc-button instead.

I'm going to switch to phpbb3 soon so I'm not going to fix something is this forum.
    Previously unless the text was already on the page, I opened the tag first.

As suggested, I reversed the way I was doing it ... click cursor to desired location, paste text from source (or type it) , highlight text and press required button. This creates both the open and close tag which is actually better.

Thanks.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    Quote Quote