VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to look for alternative methods to upload to Youtube without using Cyberlink but I want to also change the aspect ratio to 4:3 and make it in HD. PowerDirector is good for what it is but I need something that I use to able upload multiple videos directly.

I have a few questions:

1. How do I change the aspect ratio to 'fool' Youtube into making HD? And with losing the quality?
    2. What codecs work best for having quality but low disc space? What settings work for Xvid or x264 10 bit/8 bit?
    3. What size works for videos with black bars?
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1.Aspect ratio has nothing to do with whether or not you get HD on YouTube. Resolution does. To get Hi-def it has to be 720p or higher. You can pad it out with a letterboxing if you wish. However, if it's not Hi-def to begin with, I think you're wasting your time upscaling to Hi-def.

2. YouTube likes MP4 with H264 video and AAC audio.

3. That question makes no sense as written. Can you be more specific? Encoding black bars into the video is silly in my opinion, now that YouTube has its adaptable player. Crop them away, I say.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The third question is all about cropping the the black bars on the videos. I guess I wasn't clear when I wrote them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If it was about cropping away black bars, then crop them away before encoding. The question still makes no sense, though. What size is best? Whatever size results in the quality you want. That's what 1-pass quality-based (CRF) encoding is for.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Similar question from two months ago
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/390286-How-to-resize-and-upload-Youtube-Videos-in-HD#post2529541

When he says "size" does he really mean "resolution" ? It's hard to tell
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Similar question from two months ago
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/390286-How-to-resize-and-upload-Youtube-Videos-in-HD#post2529541

When he says "size" does he really mean "resolution" ? It's hard to tell
    That is what I meant, I was referring to the video resolution where I can somehow get rid of the black bars from my video dumps
    Quote Quote