VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I usually consider the latest official driver as the best driver available, but is this always the case? Or should I stick with the latest driver provided by the motherboard manufacturer instead of the latest from Realtek? I currently have 6.0.1.8186 installed. With this the front audio panel does not seem to work and audio mixer is not listed under Sound.
    Last edited by kyrcy; 25th Jan 2018 at 13:15.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I always take risk to install latest available driver - nowadays HW vendors usually not going over default application and as such generic drivers works quite fine.
    Personally i can recommend this site http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?lang=en using it from many years (10++)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    For some reason the latest official driver (0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe) does not install the Realtek HD Audio manager. The latest driver (6.0.1.7727) from the motherboard manufacturer installs it. Any ideas why?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by kyrcy View Post
    For some reason the latest official driver (0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe) does not install the Realtek HD Audio manager. The latest driver (6.0.1.7727) from the motherboard manufacturer installs it. Any ideas why?

Analyse .inf files - check if your hardware is supported by driver - search for strings similar to this "Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudAeModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0270&SUBSYS_103C1445 but matching real id of your HW (probably best idea is to search file locally in folder with string copied from HW manager).
    Quote Quote  
  5. since I moved to Win 10 long time ago (already Insider Preview before official stable launch), I use default M$ driver, which works just fine for Realtek Audio "cards"
    Quote Quote  
  6. In my experience drivers directly from Realtek offer more features than Microsoft's or OEM's default drivers. But the quality isn't much different.
    Quote Quote