VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Nero 7 DVD/Blu-Ray burner stopped working, so I deleted it, and re-installed it. But, now it doesn't 'see' my Pioneer BD-RW BDR-209D ATA drive. And the drive has disappeared from my Windows Explorer. In the Nero forum, I was told to download new firmware.

I found on the pioneer site the BDR-209DBK firmware.

My question is:
    is Pioneer BD-RW BDR-209D the same as BDR-209DBK?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since buying links for the 'D' go to 'DBK' then they may well be the same drive.

But I do not think installing new firmware is going to solve your problem. If the drive has disappeared you are more likely to have a general hardware issue ie 'dead' drive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help. My PC has developed more 'issues'...I'm taking it in to a 'tech shop' for repairs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the Pioneer BDR-209D is the same drive as the BDR-209DBK. The last two letters indicate the drive color. In this case the BK indicates the drive is black in color.

There are other BDR-209 drives like the BDR-2209, BDR-209EBK, and BDR-209UBK. Do not cross flash the firmware because these drives have different features than the BDR-209D. For example, the BDR-2209 supports BDXL discs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just got my PC back from the tech shop...it seems that my burner drive was OK after all, it was
    a corrupted registry. Now my burner drive is in Windows Explorer, and burning OK, with the exception that the burn speed box is greyed out(only when burning Blu-Ray discs), and will only burn at 1X(before it would go up to 12X). How do I get my Nero to burn faster than 1X?

And, after downloaded the Nero 7 'update', from the Nero site, I no longer have Nero 7 StartSmart Essentials, I now have Nero Express Essentials(maybe this is why I can't burn a Blu-Ray disk faster than 1X?) How can I get my Nero 7 back?(I don't have the install disc, but I do have the licence #).

My MalWareBytes Premium is still giving me 'Malicious Memory Protection:Exploit code executing from Heap memory blocked' when trying to use WMP(which was not happening before). I've already excluded the WMP .exe, and the WMP folder in MalWareBytes, but WMP still won't work.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Q. is how the tech shop 'fixed' the corrupt registry.

The only safe way IMHO is to format the drive and re-install the OS and all software. And if you are getting malware errors then surely this is the way to go.

But I still think you have a general hardware issue.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After I booted up the next morning, I am now able to see 10X in the speed settings, so maybe it took a reboot for the settings to take effect?

The Nero Express that I have is working just like my old Nero7, so I'm good there.

Yeah, I've already researched the WMP not playing issue on the MalWareBytes forum site, but no one has yet responded to my post. From the other posts on the same subject(other programs, not WMP), with the same error msg, this seems to be a common issue. I'll research it more, while I wait for a response.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am still mystified.

You originally asked for info re firmware. Then you consider it necessary to update software. Different as chalk and cheese.

Now if you could not burn at 10x AFTER the s/w update I could understand as a reboot is often required after such an action. The installation should have advised you about that.

But if you could not burn at 10x BEFORE the s/w update the issue is still more fundamental. Bearing in mind that you turned the PC on after coming back from the tech place.

But maybe you really did have to reinstall all that software and are just not being clear about it.

And as for that error message, it may be 'common'. But it sure is not trivial.
    Quote Quote