VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am trying to find a way to convert any type of video being uploaded to a standard mp4 formt that will play across all devices.

Currently I am using this:

-codec:v libx264 -profile:v main -preset slow -b:v 400k -maxrate 400k -bufsize 800k -vf scale='480:trunc(ow/a/2)*2' -threads 0 -codec:a libfdk_aac -b:a 128k

The video is playing on my desktop and on my samsung phone (android) but it is not playing on my ipad mini.

Can someone explain me why it is not playing on ipad mini?

Greets,
    T
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try another player like vlc for iOS.

Or do you just want to use the built-in player? THen try google ffmpeg mp4 for ios.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

I didnt see this is a special forum for ffmpegx. I though it was a forum for regular ffmpeg.

I am not looking for a player, rather the command for correctly converting any kind of video by using command line ffmpeg commands.

The options that I currently use are in my original post.

The video is converting just the format that it converts to does not play on ipad mini in the browser, google chrome. It is playing correctly on desktop and android phone. Just on the ipad it doesnt work, so I am assuming it have something to do with the options for bitrate or audio encoding?

Do you know where I could get more advise on using ffmpeg command line tool? As apparently this was the wrong place to ask it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't the ipad mini have a video player app you can play it on. Why are you using google chrome?

Someone seemed to thing this was a good idea:

ffmpeg -i 00091.MTS -r 30 -strict -2 -async 1 -acodec aac -ac 2 -ab 160k -threads 0 -preset slower -profile:v high -level 4.1 -f mp4 -refs 4 ~/videos/conversions/00091.mp4
    Quote Quote  
  5. Use ffmpeg utility, it's awesome.

1. Install:
    sudo apt-get install ffmpeg

2. Convert:
    ffmpeg -i input.mp4 output.mpeg

PS: For available formats supported by ffmpeg:
    ffmpeg -formats
    Last edited by acheter; 29th May 2017 at 09:36.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!