VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    OKey.

Is it a standard srt file? Maybe try open it in subtitle editor and resave as new srt.

Are you using latest mkvtoolnix?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I get my subtitles from opensubtitles.org; I don't know of any other place. Others have worked well; however, it it just with this one. It is a standard .srt file for HD. I was using mkvtoolnix ver 8.9.0, which is the latest. I have the file and it ended being 4.11 Gig file. I gave up and just have the file now, not the .srt. I will toy again with another .srt file and redo the muxing. I use AVS4YOU or something like that for changing it to .mkv from .avi and I use AnyDVD to break down the disc to .avi. But like I said, I'm just starting with this in trying to put my movies little by little in PLEX. I just wanted to know why would it be that Meteorite crash and why the file is unplayable after the muxing it with the .srt. Possible reasons that is.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try open the srt in subtitle edit. Save as a new srt. Add the new srt with mkvtoolnix. Make a new mkv. See how it plays/convert.

Or convert your mkv to avi with xmedia recode (choose the avi dvd player (standalone) profile). You can add the srt subtitle and hardcode it.
    Quote Quote