VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've got some video files of format mpeg-ts (video stream), originated by a Panasonic Lumix camera. These files can be played using VLC-player. Trying to transcode and save it with VLC as .mov or .m4v failed with alert: "missing encoder".
    So I tried to do it with ffmpegX. But here too, the result was not satisfactory since the audio part was missing in the converted video. The audio part in the origin is of format ac3 and is neither played nor transcoded to any other format by ffmpegX.

I wonder wether this is fact with ffmpegX or caused by a missing decoder for ac3 - and if the latter, where I can get such a decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You tried converting with vlc? It uses its own codec libraries, as it should be. And it doesn't generally have any problems with ac3 audio.

Post mediainfo details of one of those files in text mode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

here is the mediainfo for one of these files. Hoping this will help to overcome the problem occured.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Problem is solved now.

Found a previous thread in which the same problem was described. Instead of ffmpegX iffmpeg was recommended. I tried this and results are ok.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!