VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there everyone,

I was just asking myself if someone could help me with the ffmpeg command line to convert a 720X576 mpeg
    to those particular specs :

video: Apple PRO RES 422HQ 1920x1080 ~220 Mb/s, 25 fps, YUV colorspace

audio: mp2, 48 kHz, 16 bits, 384 kb/s, 2 channels (stereo)

Thanks in advance,
    Quote Quote  
  2. -i myfile.mpg -vcodec prores -profile: 3 -acodec mp2 -ar 48000 -b:a 384k -ac 2 -vf scale=1920:1080 output.mov

You'll never get the bitrate up to 220 and it isn't worth trying. And I have no idea why you would want mp2 audio
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok thanks I'll try that asap.

thanks a lot

vince
    Quote Quote  
  4. And do you know how I could increase my bit rate up to a minimum of 150mb/s.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by vinbel View Post
    Hi there everyone,

I was just asking myself if someone could help me with the ffmpeg command line to convert a 720X576 mpeg
    to those particular specs :

video: Apple PRO RES 422HQ 1920x1080 ~220 Mb/s, 25 fps, YUV colorspace

audio: mp2, 48 kHz, 16 bits, 384 kb/s, 2 channels (stereo)

Thanks in advance,
    Was the word itunes originally in your topic or was it added later? The specs you list do NOT conform to the itunes asset guide.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well that's perhaps a mistake of me,
    I was given those specs as Itunes Specs.
    By the way thanks a lot for the help.
    i guess the answer to my last question is to put -b:v 156k to my command line.

vincent
    Quote Quote  
  7. http://images.apple.com/itunes/lp-and-extras/docs/iTunes_VideoandAudio_Asset_Guide5.0.pdf

My original assumption from your first post was that you were going to use the footage to edit, probably in FCP. If this is going to iTunes there's no reason to upscale and your audio must be pcm_le.

But again, I'm guessing at what you're trying to do.

Best of luck
    Quote Quote  
  8. I only need to respect certain specs so my file can be uploaded by an automatic system.

can't manage to put my file up to 150mbs.
    it's not a matter of quality, it's only an obligation so my file can be uploaded to the system.

could you help me with that bitrate issue.

Thanks in advance.

vincent
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by vinbel View Post

could you help me with that bitrate issue.
    Change -profile: 3 to -v:b 150M, you'll get close.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Ok I'll try that.
    Thanks a lot you save my day .

Vincent
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm still curios what you're using that requires such unusual specs.
    Quote Quote  
  12. That's for work, the system have been built like that, please don't ask me why .
    so I've tried what you told me and it didn't work so afterwise i've tried to set a minrate and a maxrate but it didn't work.
    are these options disabled with prores codec or what ?
    Any other clue how to go up to a minimum of 150 mbs?
    By the way I've checked the itunes music video assets and the specs seems pretty much the same as the one I gave you,
    I'm I right with that?
    http://images.apple.com/itunes/lp-and-extras/docs/iTunes_VideoandAudio_Asset_Guide5.0.pdf

#Music Video HD Source Profile
    Quote Quote  
  13. The -v:b 150M parameter works in the build I'm using dated Jan 22, 2014. Things change from version to version in ffmpeg, as you know.

Looks like itunes music video does indeed want mpeg 2 audio. It also seems to want to be in an mpg container instead of mov. I usually deal with "regular" videos so have never encountered this particular combination. Elsewhere it says they do not want uprezzed material, but that may not apply to you.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Well Many thanks for your replies and answers I guess I will not ask you anymore answers i solved the problem by choosing some Itunes SD format. whick is better for the kind of videos I have.

Thank you a lot.

Vincent
    Quote Quote  
  15. It suggests your material isn't very complex (encoding wise your material is very compressible), and has already saturated the prores encoder . It's probably not HD material, or very static/no motion .

ffmbc's prores encoder can achieve higher bitrates than ffmpeg's with -qscale 1

The other option if you must mean minimum bitrate requirements is to add fine noise/grain , even fine dithering will increase the bitrate
    Quote Quote  
  16. Wow !!! It Works, and two last question and we're done how could I change the 32 bit IEEE float resolution to a 16 bit audio format, and make sure the the video is progressive.

Waooooooooooooooouu
    Quote Quote  
  17. -sample_fmt s16

It's always encoded progressive unless you specify interlaced encoding

But it's up to you to ensure the content is progressive (content can be different than type of encoding)
    Quote Quote  
  18. Okay I'm gonna try that ))))).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Thanks to you too poisondeathray.
    Quote Quote  
  20. So it's me again.
    here's my command line;

ffmbc -i input.mpg -vcodec prores -qscale 1 -acodec mp2 -sample_fmt s16 -ar 48000 -ab 384k -ac 2 -vf scale=1920:1080 output3.mov

everything is working just fine except my audio bit depth still is 32bit Float IEEE weird isn't it?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by vinbel View Post

everything is working just fine except my audio bit depth still is 32bit Float IEEE weird isn't it?
    How are you making that determination ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Well nevermind I get that by using vegas pro.

probably an error from my part.

Thank you both for your help.

I wish I won't need to ask you more questions.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote