VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When the video is playing. I can click the little box in the lower right corner and select a playback resolution. Where in the settings can I set the default so the video will start playing at the resolution I want, so I don't have to manually pick it every time a video starts?
    Last edited by sluggerb; 2nd Jun 2023 at 10:15.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Preferences -> Playback
    Quote Quote  
  3. Preferences - General - Startup - When starting - Custom position and Custom size and disable the option below (for starting the program without video).
    Preferences - Playback - Default window size: Custom (for starting with video).

Windows width should be different, if you're using auto-hide for playlist, because for the first option playlist is not hidden automatically, using different width the size and position of the window can be the same, when starting without and with the video. This way it can be the same even in any screen corner.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Preferences -> Playback
    Thanks, I looked in Preference > Playback but I do not see an option to select 360p. Here is a screenshot. Am I in the right place?

[Attachment 71445 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Preferences - General - Startup - When starting - Custom position and Custom size and disable the option below (for starting the program without video).
    Preferences - Playback - Default window size: Custom (for starting with video).

Windows width should be different, if you're using auto-hide for playlist, because for the first option playlist is not hidden automatically, using different width the size and position of the window can be the same, when starting without and with the video. This way it can be the same even in any screen corner.
    Thanks, maybe I was misspeaking, I apologize, I'm not looking to change the windows size (It always plays fullscreen and that is what I want) I want to set the quality of the video to 360p. Is that possible? Of does setting the window size impact this? I'm kinda new to this if you couldn't tell thank a lot for the help!
    Last edited by sluggerb; 2nd Jun 2023 at 11:34.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Preferences - Video - Resize.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You could also use the AviSynth feature of PotPlayer:

[Attachment 71447 - Click to enlarge]

With this AviSynth script:
    Code:
    BilinearResize((width*180/height)*2, 360).Spline36Resize(width, height)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Preferences - Video - Resize.
    I went to that section of the peferences but I cannot see anywhere to set the display to 360p. Would you be able to provide a screenshot? I really appreciate the help!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Here you are.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	potplayer resize360p.png
Views:	44
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	71448  

Quote Quote