VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an old Epson Powerlite 1750 LCD projector. I'm trying to play a video on it using a flash drive. It recognizes the folder the file is in but not the .AVI file. I looked at the manual online but it didn't really say anything about video formats for flash drives, maybe it's just too old, not sure what year it came out. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try to rename the videofile from avi to mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hmunster123 View Post
    I have an old Epson Powerlite 1750 LCD projector. I'm trying to play a video on it using a flash drive. It recognizes the folder the file is in but not the .AVI file. I looked at the manual online but it didn't really say anything about video formats for flash drives, maybe it's just too old, not sure what year it came out. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.
    I looked at the pdf user manual for your projector. The manual says that the projector can display the video output from cameras or computers connected to it via USB. However, the only files that it can display using a USB stick (FAT32/FAT16 formatted) as the source are image files (.bmp, .jpg, .png, .gif) or slide show files (.fse, .sit).
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The USB connection on that projector is meant to be connected to a computer, not a flash drive. The driver software is available on the Epson support website.

From the Epson FAQ:

I am having trouble projecting through a USB connection. What should I do?
    Try the following:
    If the USB Display driver is not installed automatically the first time you connect the cable, do one of the following:

Windows:
    Double-click My Computer > EPSON_PJ_UD > EMP_USDE.EXE.

Mac OS X:
    Double-click EPSON_PJ_UD > USB_Display_Installer.
    If nothing is projected after the drivers are installed, do one of the following:

Windows:
    Select All Programs > EPSON Projector > EPSON USB Display > EPSON USB Display Vx.x.

Mac OS X:
    Click the USB Display icon in the Dock. If you don't see it, start USB Display from the Applications folder.
    Make sure USB Type B in the Extended menu is set to USB Display. See Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu.
    In Windows, if the mouse pointer flickers, select All Programs > EPSON Projector > EPSON USB Display > EPSON USB Display Vx.x., then clear the Transfer layered window checkbox.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for answering. I think the later versions of Powerlite could play the files on a flash drive but this one is too old, darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    check your .avi codec

convert your .avi to divx
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did not realize that some of these old projectors are not compatible with Windows 10. I thought LCD projectors would work with any system! One of these days I will try it on my old IBM Thinkpad running Windows 7. Can you upgrade these older projectors so that they will work on more recent OS's?

I did not convert the .AVI file to .DIVX yet
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How about posting a MediaInfo report on the avi file - it may shed some light on what is going on (Tree -text mode). Generally that's the best thing one can do on the initial post as that at least gives some information
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, sorry if my post was confusing. I earlier tried running an .AVI file off a flash drive, inserted into the projector. I didn't realize that it would only run image files, not video.

Can you upgrade these projectors to work with video files and other operating systems? Windows 10?
    Quote Quote  
  10. all projectors should be able to work with any OS
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Devices like TVs, Projectors, have their own OS and their own embedded media players.

They all have varying degrees of capabilities, but in general they are never as full featured or advanced as their PC software counterparts.

When they access USB flash drives, the thing to consider besides the file format & codec capabilities is the drive's capacity and file system, because there are lots of embedded os devices that do not accept overlarge capacity, nor platform specific file systems (NTFS, AFS/APFS, and various linux/unix file systems). Otherwise, none know or care what OS the files originated from.

Scott
    Quote Quote