VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    The bottom device looks like an electronic magnifier, but it looks like the screen is broken.

The top is a roll of 8mm (possibly super8) film, which btw if it was unexposed before this, you have just exposed it to light and made unusable (at least the outer sections). If it was previously exposed (properly in camera) and developed (properly in a darkroom), you could project it. Or transfer to video.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    The bottom device looks like an electronic magnifier, but it looks like the screen is broken.

The top is a roll of 8mm (possibly super8) film, which btw if it was unexposed before this, you have just exposed it to light and made unusable (at least the outer sections). If it was previously exposed (properly in camera) and developed (properly in a darkroom), you could project it. Or transfer to video.

Scott
    Thanks.

That "Electronic magnifier" is a car dashcam. It has an SD card slot and it shows 11/2/2013 capture in MJPEG. It's so grainy and it can't show legible license plate.

As for the film, I can see tiny pictures so I presume it's already developed. It's ain't cheap to digitize super8 film.

The handycam that I bought also came several recorded mini DV tapes. The ex-owners spent hours recording it. The guy who sold it to me told me that it belonged to his relative. It's true because I saw him in one of the videos looking younger. I couldn't just throw them away.
    Last edited by pchan; 23rd Apr 2022 at 04:36.
    Quote Quote