VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. I've been reading about intel binaries for mpeg2enc, mencoder, and mplayer that can be plugged into ffmpegx. where can I get the intel or uniBin mencoder and mplayer that I can use with ffmpegx 0.0.9v? I know that .9w is really close, but I need a temporary solution for my macbook pro until then. I've been googling around looking for them, but I can only find the intel versions bundled in a .app wrapper.

Major, Gotta give you props for all the work you do on this thing. ffmpegx is by far one of the most used apps that I have since I switched to mac a few years ago.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From majors replies he changed so much in the original sourcecode of mencoder an all the other programms that normal versions won't work in ffmpegx any longer.

Tried it with h264 from an old isquint version - no luck, some command funktions are missing.

Sooo, since majors *cough cough* calculated hours are already way in the reds, i'm sure we'll see 0.0.9w during this week.

I just hope 9w will also recognise ".mpeg"....9v only likes ".mpg" - my big problem with streamclip.

Ahhh well, you can't have anything, perhaps i should learn automator.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forgive me if this was already answered and I missed it.

Will the Universal version be multi-processor/core aware?

The current version, on both my Dual G5 and my Dual Core MacBook Pro, never utilizes more than 100% of the processor per encoding. It gets as high as 98% but never crosses the 100% mark.

If I encode 2 files at once, each on can use up to like 95%, so if I have more than 1 file to do I can maximize my productivity, but I'd love it if I could do 1 file twice as fast.

Just curious. Even if you never released another version and I had to use the PPC version from now on, it's still a phenomenal program. Bravo.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ammonkc
    I've been reading about intel binaries for mpeg2enc, mencoder, and mplayer that can be plugged into ffmpegx. where can I get the intel or uniBin mencoder and mplayer that I can use with ffmpegx 0.0.9v? I know that .9w is really close, but I need a temporary solution for my macbook pro until then. I've been googling around looking for them, but I can only find the intel versions bundled in a .app wrapper.
    So unbundle the .app! Right-click on the .app you want to unbundle and choose "Show Package Contents". That will then allow you to browse the contents of the .app bundle. Normally you'll find executables in there for mencoder etc which you can just copy out using the Finder and put where you need them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Think we could get an update major? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Everything seem working, release "could" be today.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Awesome. Looking forward to it. Thanks Major.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by major
    Everything seem working, release "could" be today.
    Sparkling wine is ready.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Counting down the hours ...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just KNOW that it's going to be released tomorrow cos I get paid then so I can register it!!! Can't wait, good work major, loadsa thanks in advance fella.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Maybe today, maybe today.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Finalizing the documentation.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ALRIGHT, so its pretty close then....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How long ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Great ! I expected more
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i will see your 2 hours, and raise you 1.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's the status?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    damn, I got all excited again.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Thank you, thank you and thank you again. I am going to play with it over the weekend.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    great
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks Major! this is awsome. ffmpegx was the last piece to finish pimpin out my macbook pro.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Thank you everyone for using it.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Major, do I really need to rename my startup disk to have no spaces? it is still the defauls "Macintosh HD". I'm pretty sure that I was using this from .9o - .9v with my hard drive name "Macintosh HD" and I don't remember having any problems.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Try to go with it then. Only a few processes may be affected.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Is one of those processes subtitles? cause I think that was the only thing that I could never figure out before. I think I'll just rename my boot volume this time around.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good work Major
    Quote Quote  
  27. By the way that you for getting this out for us. You got my registration as well.
    Quote Quote