VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi people,
    OK, after looking around this sight for a while i've noticed that for programs and other things, i need to got to IRC and download them from there. I haven't been on IRC in a few years but i got back on this weeknd, played with it and downloaded soem things. But one thing I have a question about. When I am in queue, I get timed out in fserve for no activity. i just want the one file so i am sitting there waiting for it, and looking at other fserves. but what can i to do so i don't get kicked out for inactivity. and question two, can you get timed out if you are downloading an not doing anything else? just wondering.
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Once you queue the file from an fserve, you no longer have to have that fserve window open. All you have to do is remain in the room in order to receive the file when it's your turn. The window for the fserve will automatically time you out if you are inactive. That just means that you're not doing anything in the fserve. Once you're queued, you're queued. You can close the window of the fserve. Just to make sure, type the trigger of the fserve and get back on and then type "queues" without the quotes to see if you're file is in queue. Or if the queue command isn't enabled, type "stats" without the quotes and see if your file is queued. Once you're queued, just stay in the room and you'll be fine unless that person goes offline or you get lost in a netsplit. The reason why fserves time you out for inactivity after a certain amount of time is that only a certain number of people can get on the fserve at a time and if you just sit there that might prevent someone else from checking out their files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. oh, ok. that's a relief. evrytime i got timed out i was in queue. and i thought it was all lost so i just left irc. now i know just close the fseve. but stay on irc in that particular room. thanks again.
    Quote Quote