VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i have a dvd that was converted from vhs
    however the audio is out of sync
    is there any way i could fix this using just the dvd as i dont have the vhs anymore ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by borofc71 View Post
    i have a dvd that was converted from vhs
    however the audio is out of sync
    is there any way i could fix this using just the dvd as i dont have the vhs anymore ?
    Is it vfr or cfr ?
    If it's cfr then most probably it's a simple delay that could be easily fixed.
    If it's vfr then it'd be relatively harder to fix.
    You have to provide more clues. For example, what exactly do you mean by out of sync ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi
    it has been converted from a vhs and burnt to a dvd
    the voices /sound is bout 2 seconds ahead of the video
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by borofc71 View Post
    hi
    it has been converted from a vhs and burnt to a dvd
    the voices /sound is bout 2 seconds ahead of the video
    I wanted to know whether it is cfr (Constant Frame Rate) or vfr (Variable Frame Rate) not how it was converted or burnt.
    Anyway, if this relative delay is constant, i.e. the audio is 2 secs ahead of the video through the entire video, just pick a container and add a delay to the audio stream when muxing.

BTW, is the video just on a DVD or you mean it's in DVD format (IFO, VOB), seems I missed that part.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by leonsk View Post

I wanted to know whether it is cfr (Constant Frame Rate) or vfr (Variable Frame Rate.
    99% of the general public do not know what you are talking about.....and 99% of DVDs contain constant frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post

I wanted to know whether it is cfr (Constant Frame Rate) or vfr (Variable Frame Rate.
    99% of the general public do not know what you are talking about.....and 99% of DVDs contain constant frame rate.
    It's really generous of you to spare that 1%.
    If you'd read carefully instead of jumping to uneducated conclusions you'd know that I actually hadn't thought of it being in DVD format.
    And I assume you know exactly how the DVD was produced.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I actually hadn't thought of it being in DVD format.
    Really? The FIRST sentence in this thread.
    Originally Posted by borofc71 View Post
    i have a dvd that was converted from vhs
    Stop trying to make yourself appear more intelligent by bringing up irrelevant quasi-knowledge.

borofc71 - If the sync issue stays at 2 seconds and does not get worse as the video plays...it can be a pretty easy fix.
    Quote Quote  
  8. hi yes it stays the same all the way through
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    First thing you need to do is copy the VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive/computer.
    You should be able to just do a drag and drop/copy and paste since the DVD should not be copy protected.

Does this DVD have chapters between scenes?
    Quote Quote  
  10. First, figure out the exact amount of the delay. You can usually do that just by playing the DVD and using a player where you can adjust the delay (I use MPC-HC). Then, after having put the DVD on the PC as described by hech54:

1. Demux (separate audio and video and chapters (if any)). PGCDemux.
    2. Remove the delay. DelayCut.
    3. Reauthor. Muxman.
    4. If there's a menu, replace the old version with the new fixed version. VobBlanker or PGCEdit.

There are other ways to accomplish the various parts, but that's the general procedure.
    Quote Quote  
  11. @hech54

Good one, but sorry I'm not gonna feed you.

@borofc71

Back to the topic, so it's a consistent delay and can be fixed by following monono's instructions.
    As an alternative you could use Avidemux to change the delay of the DVD. Choose "Copy" for video and audio output, select "Shift" and enter the appropriate delay.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As an alternative you could use Avidemux to change the delay of the DVD. Choose "Copy" for video and audio output, select "Shift" and enter the appropriate delay.

There.....was that so hard?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thank you for the help guys I’ll give it a try when I get home
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by borofc71 View Post
    Thank you for the help guys I’ll give it a try when I get home
    If you wanted to try Avidemux, I forgot to tell you that sometimes it doesn't save to all formats; it gives me video too short or such an error sometimes, I don't know the reason. If one failed try others.
    Quote Quote