VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. DVD and Mdisc DVD Media the metal layers are exposed and contact to the outside air and external environment in contact with any acid vapor or impurity?? Evaporation of hydrochloric acid and 70% trichloroacetic acid vapor this acids and impurities enter the disc through polycarbonate and glue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Don't you ever stop
    And no, I am NOT A CAT
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy2.gif
Views:	56
Size:	698.5 KB
ID:	50398  

Quote Quote  
  3. Umm, what?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    powatrin's original id, he has been banned a few times, was gamemaniaco
    https://forum.videohelp.com/search.php?searchid=1867905
    Read some of his posts to see the troll in action
    The not a cat reference is for another member that has a fetish about cats, and starts a thread by stating that he is a cat
    The actual GIF is to show gamemaniaco that his trolling is getting boring
    He has similar threads at DigitalFaq and MyCE
    Last edited by gonca; 5th Oct 2019 at 18:27. Reason: fixed link
    Quote Quote  
  5. I see. How do you know that powatrin is gamemaniaco? And should we be doxxing people?

BTW, your link is busted.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It’s him.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    Link should be fixed
    How is it him?
    Exact same behaviour
    Identical posts at three different web sites, temp and humidity questions with the usual values for him
    If this starts then the mold questions start
    As far as doxxing people, normally no, but gamey is a special case (extremely determined troll)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Who cares about this nonsense? Ignore people you think are whatever, don't troll them with doxxing and other games, and don't pollute this fine forum with high-school silliness. Take care of your life and let others take care of theirs. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by veresov; 5th Oct 2019 at 18:41.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Link should be fixed
    How is it him?
    Exact same behaviour
    Identical posts at three different web sites, temp and humidity questions with the usual values for him
    If this starts then the mold questions start
    As far as doxxing people, normally no, but gamey is a special case (extremely determined troll)
    +1

IMO, part of being a forum member is helping to alert the mods and other members of those who fail to follow forum rules and proper netiquette. Not just ignoring those who, especially deliberately to disregard those rules and etiquette.

As stated, gamemanico has been banned several times after returning at least five other times under different names. I've reported him for this post, as well as his first post prior to this for his lack of being able to abide by this forum's rules.

While it may seem harmless to you, veresov, you probably haven't read his endless postings about DVD storage and electronics lifespan in his very specific environmental conditions. Those of us who have chosen to speak out about him, have tried to answer his questions in the past, only to be ignored as he continually refuses to accept any reasonable answer given. The reason he came back here is because the exact same question he recently posted at digitalfaq.com http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/media/10034-acid-vapor-media.html was answered as best as it could be, yet he persists with seeking a definitive answer when there can be none, at least without extensive research in his exact conditions and environment.

Bottom line. Better to warn others of the endless rabbit hole that he creates, than simply ignoring someone who cannot accept that his questions are unanswerable definitively.

Edit: Before calling out gonca (whose signature, BTW is about gamemanico), BarrytheCrab or myself for failing to simply ignore gamemanico, I highly suggest you look up his posts here as gamemanico, gamemanico2, samus87, mediafiles87 and a couple of other names I can't recall at the moment to understand what we have put up with over the years. Also look at his 530+ posts over the past 6+ years at digitalfaq.com, several of which where closed because of the endless loop of questions that have already been answered as best as possible and which any reasonable person would accept.

When he first began posting here, there were numerous other sites, including those in his native Brazil (to exclude the excuse that English isn't his native language) from which he was banned for his endless posts on other topics.
    Last edited by lingyi; 6th Oct 2019 at 02:08. Reason: Grammar
    Quote Quote  
  10. OK, gentlemen, guess I was wrong. Thanks for setting me straight. I won't even say "but..."

(For the record, gonca and I are very good friends and I'm not trying to call out anyone. So great to know people like gonca and hopefully you can think of me as a friend, lingyi, I've been impressed by your postings.)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    You are not so much wrong, as you were unaware of the history
    Many members have tried to answer his questions in the past only to have him respond by slightly altering the question and reask.
    We used to figure it was because he is a non native English speaker, but it turns out that he uses that to troll
    Hence the treatment

Maybe he should join Doom9 and ask there
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Agree with gonca, a matter of posting with good intent without fully understanding the situation. I appreciate your reply and hope you become a trusted and valued member as gonca and others have.
    Quote Quote