VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Finally I can capture HD with 5.1 audio with the Hauppauge 1512! The first capture was out of sync but tinkering with the software and my cheap Lanovo laptop I think I can archive these world series games after all!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It's probably not real 5.1 anyway.....why bother.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    It's for real. The 2nd test I did I took the thumb drive to the side of my Samsung and my Onkyo A/V receiver switched to 5.1 automatically. I was so happy.

Still doing short 1 min capture tests. I don't think the encoder likes when you fast forward the DVR through commercials because the green light that goes around turns white on the box.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    I can't understand why people try to record TV broadcast...
    I always recorded what I want with mic and video cameras.

I bought an 5.1 microphone set too only for audio recording.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by tom z View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    It's for real. The 2nd test I did I took the thumb drive to the side of my Samsung and my Onkyo A/V receiver switched to 5.1 automatically.
    That doesn't mean the audio is truly 5.1. It only means your captured file has 5.1 channels. It could be stereo with silence on the other channels. Even mono. Load a cap into an editor like Audacity to see what's on each channel.
    Quote Quote  
  6. [QUOTE=jagabo;2637422]
    Originally Posted by tom z View Post
    That doesn't mean the audio is truly 5.1. It only means your captured file has 5.1 channels. It could be stereo with silence on the other channels. Even mono. Load a cap into an editor like Audacity to see what's on each channel.
    Here's what the media info says when I right clicked on the file. The Hauppauge software GUI shows what the incoming stream is on HDMI if it's 2.0 or 5.1.

It's the synch I'm hoping turns out ok. My avermedia card I've been using since 2016 was very good.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Again, just because the source and cap are 5.1 doesn't mean there is sound on all six channels.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Truthler View Post
    I can't understand why people try to record TV broadcast...
    I always recorded what I want with mic and video cameras.

I bought an 5.1 microphone set too only for audio recording.
    That's just plain idiotic, Why would someone captures a video game or a TV program off screen using a camera and microphone ?????
    Quote Quote  
  9. An update. The sync is fine even on long running files that are 4hours plus with 5.1.

It doesn't seem to like the mp4 format so I let it encode to .TS file

When navigating my computer takes a little bit of time to go to the spot where I mouse over the time line in .TS files. When I edit out the commercials and save to mp4 with videoredo the file is then able to go anywhere in the timeline with no hiccups.

100% satisfied with this product.
    Quote Quote