VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just got Rosewill 50 Pack DVD+R media on sale at newegg.com. It's sale priced at $4.99, but this week's email has a 25% off CD/DVD/BluRay media coupon (EMCWWWG26 Promo code expires 11/14) that brings it down to $3.74, and you can check out with Super Saver Shipping to get free shipping. Fortunately the media has been marked down, and not with a coupon code because newegg no longer lets you "stack" coupon codes. This is CMC media from what I've gotten in the past, so if your burners like that type of media, you're golden.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182287

They also have Rosewill DVD-R media 50 packs for $7.99, which you can use the promo code on also.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    When I see the name Rosewill warning bells go off for me.

Just giving my opinion others may disagree or have a different experience.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    low price = low quality. i wouldnt buy those dvd-r
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ckdexterhn clearly doesn't participate much or he'd know that for most of us, we wouldn't take CMC discs if they were given to us for free. Cheap crap discs are still cheap crap discs.

And please don't bother to post how you've "been burning these for years and never had a coaster" and so on. I wish I could get paid every time somebody said that about the crap discs. Often the same people who praise these landfill grade discs later come back to post in complete bewilderment as to why they are "suddenly" getting bad burns.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    ckdexterhn clearly doesn't participate much or he'd know that for most of us, we wouldn't take CMC discs if they were given to us for free. Cheap crap discs are still cheap crap discs.

And please don't bother to post how you've "been burning these for years and never had a coaster" and so on. I wish I could get paid every time somebody said that about the crap discs. Often the same people who praise these landfill grade discs later come back to post in complete bewilderment as to why they are "suddenly" getting bad burns.
    ...or they come here to ask why their wonderful bargain discs are no longer playable after a couple of years.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The OP did say they're CMC. I used to use them for tossers, never anything I would be sorry to lose. Low grade media for sure.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Taiyo Yuden by JVC are the best there is. I have never had a coaster.
    If it feels good, do it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    we wouldn't take CMC discs if they were given to us for free. .
    I'll put my drinks on them.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. As I expected, they did sell out completely...and as I expected there were comments about the quality of cheap media, which is why I stated in the original post that it was CMC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ckdexterhn View Post
    As I expected, they did sell out completely...and as I expected there were comments about the quality of cheap media, which is why I stated in the original post that it was CMC.
    Of course they sold out. Most people don't understand or care, until they don't work. Look how many people buy Memorex. The only discs I've ever had fail were Memorex and some generic discs I was using for testing.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Seeing offers like this

1. I wish I was in the US to take advantage of them
    2. I am glad I am not in the US to be tempted
    3. When CDs cost more than DVDs I guess something ain't write
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!