+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bravvv View Post
    Hi, to recap :

Pana UB450 can read BDXL 3x layer with a burner ASUS 16D1HT connected in USB ?
    Yes it can. i believe it will work the same with other burners, such as LG. i think that USB and slow burning speed do something to the writing process.
    waiting to others to try and respond
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Last edited by Bouchnouk; 26th Jun 2021 at 18:28.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I got my UB-450 on amazon UK.
    Panasonic UB820 and all previous Panasonic models from 2018 (all UB-x20), PS5, XBOX Series X/One S/One X, All known to NOT support BDXL At all.
    Only newer models from Panasonic, UB-x50 is working apparently. Also models from Sony i think (not PS5).
    Oppo 203 will read even a newspaper if burned properly
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    it depends on your location. i got mine with EU plug (the big one) and i had to buy a converter.
    when you get the unit try discs that been burned at x2 with USB connected drive. i used a SATA to USB controller from external HDD Enclosure. it's USB3 but i think it will also work good with USB2.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    A Little update
    All my previous BDXL Burnings were using LG WH16NS40 Burner connected to SATA on motherboards. since i have experienced some cases of layer break freezes on BD-50 as well (weird i know) i have investigated a little. i got an older BD Burner (Pioneer) connected to USB that doesn't support BDXL but burn my BD-50's perfectly. i have bought a third burner, the ASUS 16D1HT which i herd is a very good BDXL burner. i have connected it throgh USB (Externaly) and not SATA (Internaly) and i burnes 2 BDXL discs at x2 speed. those disc played perfectly from begining to end through my Oppo 203 and for the first time EVER were played with my new Panasonic UB-450, That have never played any of my BDXL burning before.
    I really don't know why it's working better through USB but it did, so i wanted to share

Hey Rick090

do you have step by step instructions on how to get this to work properly

I have the Asus BW-16D1HT burner and the oppo 203 and panasonic UB450 machine

do you need to use certain BDXL discs.

how long does the burn take

message me if you like.

thanks mate

Kadu
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kadu7475 View Post
    Hey Rick090

message me if you like.

thanks mate

Kadu
    How you doing mate ?
    Well, as i said before, i used my ASUS 16D1HT Burner, connected to PC through USB Port Externally. I Have made an ISO Image with Imgburn and burned that image also with Imgburn. I Used BDXL MDISC from Verbatim and burned at x2 speed. the burning process take more than 2 hours. i will order some non MDISC BDXL's and also try on those, they are cheaper half price. 41GBP for 10 psc is a great price vs more than 60GBP for 5 pcs for MDISC.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I have bought the Panasonic DP-UB150, just burned a BR-R XL with 60Gbs, and it doesn't read it. The firmware is 1.15. I have tried to downgrade to 1.09, but it is not possible on this player. So, impossible with my unit. Weird...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    And finally, things happen when you really don't expect them to... I bought the Panasonic unit because I saw here someone saying it was working. I had a nearly new LG UBK80 I thought it was unable to deal with those discs. After returning it to my TV, and testing it, you know, just in case, it worked smoothly. I have seen the entire movie passing throught chapters, and to my surprise, it is working as if the disc was original. Again, it is completely impossible to guess why sometimes it works with some units, and why with the same unit, it does not work for some others. Weird, weird...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Hey Rick090

message me if you like.

thanks mate

Kadu
    How you doing mate ?
    Well, as i said before, i used my ASUS 16D1HT Burner, connected to PC through USB Port Externally. I Have made an ISO Image with Imgburn and burned that image also with Imgburn. I Used BDXL MDISC from Verbatim and burned at x2 speed. the burning process take more than 2 hours. i will order some non MDISC BDXL's and also try on those, they are cheaper half price. 41GBP for 10 psc is a great price vs more than 60GBP for 5 pcs for MDISC.

Hey Rick

with the bluray drive did you put it inside a portable casing connect via sat and then via power then connect via usb

similar to how a powered portable hard drive works.

also did you make any changes to the burn process with image burn

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Hey Rick

with the bluray drive did you put it inside a portable casing connect via sat and then via power then connect via usb

cheers
    Well i have used a controller from external 3.5" hard drive enclosure. it is sata to usb with power cord. don't use a 2.5" enclosure, those don't have external power cord and you can't supply power to the Burner with USB alone.
    the burning process is the normal stuff. x2 speed, burning from ISO Image and use imgburn software.

ernnnn, did you burn your BDXL Through USB Connected burner or internal SATA?
    The UB-150 is basically the same as UB-450 and should Behave the same.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hey Rick

will something like this work

2.5/3.5 inch SATA External USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure Caddy Case HDD Disk or this

[Attachment 57388 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 57389 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rick090 View Post
    How you doing mate ?
    For this price, we only have 5 disc in France
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rick090 View Post
    Hey Rick

cheers
    Well i have used a controller from external 3.5" hard drive enclosure. it is sata to usb with power cord. don't use a 2.5" enclosure, those don't have external power cord and you can't supply power to the Burner with USB alone.
    the burning process is the normal stuff. x2 speed, burning from ISO Image and use imgburn software.

ernnnn, did you burn your BDXL Through USB Connected burner or internal SATA?
    The UB-150 is basically the same as UB-450 and should Behave the same.
    I burned it through a sata connected burner. My USB burner does not support BD-R XL as far as I know. I'll test it when I receive more blank discs from Japan. They are much cheaper than buying them from Europe.
    Last edited by ernnnn; 16th Feb 2021 at 05:30.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Hey Rick

will something like this work

2.5/3.5 inch SATA External USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure Caddy Case HDD Disk or this

[Attachment 57388 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 57389 - Click to enlarge]
    these are looking fine. as long as it convert the SATA to USB and it has a power cord (not sata power).
    the last one looks fine. how much it cost?
    Last edited by rick090; 16th Feb 2021 at 16:35.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    its about $100 Aussie Dollars
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Hey Rick

this is how it works here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OR1UHULLp8
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    I know how it works i just used the controller from external USB3 HDD which is basically the same as putting the drive in this enclosure.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Can anyone confirm if ri-data or any bd-re xl 100gb disc work with lg ubx90 player. Or Sony Ubp-x700? I read forums and saw bdrxl do but no one confirmed if the rewritable do. I also have seen multiple places it’s on 2 layer read which I understand. Thanks
    Last edited by Bdrexl; 26th Feb 2021 at 01:50.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Has anyone tried these 100GB BDXL BD-R discs in a Sony UBP-X800M2 UHD Blu Ray player?

My UBP-X800M2 plays 50GB BD-R DL video discs (BD-compliant discs burned with BDMV + CERTIFICATE folders), but before I buy a BDXL burner for extra money over a standard BD-R burner, I wanted to check if this Sony also supports the 100GB discs...
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Last edited by Bouchnouk; 26th Jun 2021 at 18:29.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    so it looks like the problem solved

you need a bdxl burner in an external case connected to pc via usb.

looks like i will have to get that external case.

Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you guys for trying my theory I'm glad that it works for you too. by the way, the oppo 203 play it perfectly also. if someone with other players such as Sony or other Panasonic (820?) can try and confirm, it would be great and helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ignore. Stupid Question.
    Last edited by michaelsft; 9th Mar 2021 at 04:34.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bouchnouk View Post
    Sorry for the delay. A current converter needed for the Panasonic UB450 was backordered.

I confirm that the Panasonic reads Verbatim standard BDXL easily. I burned BDXL discs with an ASUS BW-16D1HT connected with a USB cable. On Apple computer, there is no Bluray burner. So, I don't have choice. ImgBurn was used to burn discs. Folders and ISO images were burned. Panasonic read the discs on first try.

Case closed.
    I'm on a Mac as well so your experience really interests me. The plan is to buy a ASUS BW-16D1HT and a connector so I can plug it in via USB. For ImgBurn are you booting into Windows or running a virtual machine through something like Parallels? I only ask as I feel like ImgBurn is just Windows right? I have always just used 'Burn' in the past but I'm guessing this is a no go for BDXL.

My current Blu-ray writer is usb, a Samsung SE-506AB which says it can write BDXL discs though having looked through the thread it seems like the discs it burns aren't good enough, perhaps because it seems to be USB 2.0 though I have no real idea why.

Also I was looking at the ASUS drive on AmazonUK as it can be bought for about £90 and I saw this review 'Burner works well in a mac, however it has the newer firmware that means it won't read UHD BluRay discs.' So I guess this means that while it can still burn the discs we need, it can't read them? Or something? I'm getting into this as I have a HEVC 4K MKV file I want to burn so that probably wouldn't affect me but if people were making backups or something this could be an issue right? Or maybe that reviewer is wrong!
    Last edited by michaelsft; 9th Mar 2021 at 07:32.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    The new ASUS firmware can be downgraded to UHD friendly firmware. there is a guide in makemkv forum.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    --
    Quote Quote