VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just purchased a digital photo/video frame for a present, but in order to load and play the videos onto the frame, the frame requires me to downgrade the resolution of the current videos. The specs for the frame are as followed:
    Format: MP4
    Codecs: H264, H265 [HEVC, AVC1, HVC1]
    Minimum resolution: 128 x 128
    Maximum resolution: HD 1080p
    Aspect ratios: 16:9
    Frame rate: 30 FPS
    Maximum bitrate: 20 Mbps
    Note: Slow-Mo videos not supported
    Live Photos are converted to static photos

The problem is when I convert the videos I have to match these specifications, I play back the converted video and it is VERY pixelated, the audio is playing a lot faster then the video itself and then the video cuts off a lot shorter than what the original video length plays to. I tried messing around with the frame rate and bitrate on the (AVC) software and nothing seems to change. PLEASE HELP! I feel defeated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You won't/shouldn't get any pixellation at 1080P; even at SD (720x480/720x576).

How are you converting them? I would have a try with Handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm downloading Handbrake as we speak.... Currently, I'm using Any Video Converter. I drag the video file and choose the 'Customize MP4 Video' option and under the 'Video Setting', I'm choosing
    Codec : x264
    FrameRate : Auto
    Bitrate : Auto
    Size : 1080 x 720
    Aspect : Keep Original

I don't touch anything under the 'Audio Settings' and 'Convert'. But all the problems arise as soon as I try to play the video after the conversion...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 7.08.14 PM.png
Views:	18
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	61913  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 7.09.38 PM.png
Views:	16
Size:	809.0 KB
ID:	61914  

Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    You won't/shouldn't get any pixellation at 1080P; even at SD (720x480/720x576).

How are you converting them? I would have a try with Handbrake.
    Thank you so much! Just converted the same video using Handbrake and it was able to convert it to the right resolution to play it on the picture frame. The only issue I'm having now is the newly converted video cuts off about two or three seconds early. Any suggestions?? The video is 23 seconds long and the frame is capable of playing videos that last 30 seconds so I'm not too sure as to why that's happening??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That looks like a decoding error of the source to me
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    That looks like a decoding error of the source to me
    I agree.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by snowboarder42l View Post
    The only issue I'm having now is the newly converted video cuts off about two or three seconds early. Any suggestions?? The video is 23 seconds long and the frame is capable of playing videos that last 30 seconds so I'm not too sure as to why that's happening??
    Is that only on the picture frame? Does it cut short when you play it on the computer too?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by snowboarder42l View Post
    The only issue I'm having now is the newly converted video cuts off about two or three seconds early. Any suggestions?? The video is 23 seconds long and the frame is capable of playing videos that last 30 seconds so I'm not too sure as to why that's happening??
    Is that only on the picture frame? Does it cut short when you play it on the computer too?
    It was actually a Slideshow Effect Setting on the frame that would cut the videos short to apply the transition effect to another slide so when I shut that off, it played the entire video! BUT THANK YOU EVERYONE and especially Alwyn for the Handbrake recommendation. Works perfectly and saved me so much more headache. Take care everyone
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you got it sorted.
    Quote Quote