VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm downloading some dash videos(not encrypted and not paid) but with ffmpeg I get sometimes errors on fragments or 503 errors, how can I force ffmpeg to download the fragments that fail?
    I saw that youtube-dl supports it, but I can't get to download the mp4 file(using direct link to the dash stream).
    Can you point me at some documentation or suggest me a better way to achieve that ffmpeg retires downloading a fragment if it fails?
    Sorry but I can get to work youtube-dl with the link since it doesn't detect any video.
    Sorry if it's a noob question.
    Quote Quote  
  2. yt-dlp work fine.
    try it, if the mistake persists, write here video link
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    yt-dlp work fine.
    try it, if the mistake persists, write here video link
    Thanks I solved using yt-dlp, do you know how to choose the output names for video and audio? To avoid this "You have requested merging of multiple formats while also allowing unplayable formats to be downloaded. The formats won't be merged to prevent data corruption."
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Code:
    -o filename
    but you can't merge 2 encrypted files without decrypting them first and yt-dlp doesn't decrypt
    Edit: if the files aren't encrypted you don't need to specify
    Code:
    --allow-u
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ElCap View Post
    Code:
    -o filename
    but you can't merge 2 encrypted files without decrypting them first and yt-dlp doesn't decrypt
    Edit: if the files aren't encrypted you don't need to specify
    Code:
    --allow-u
    Thanks, they're not encrypted, but with the output format by default it fails because of how long the link is or because of special characters?(I think)
    Quote Quote  
  6. @Hammer
    download video. same for audio.
    decrypt both.
    join decrypted with ffmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    @Hammer
    download video. same for audio.
    decrypt both.
    join decrypted with ffmpeg
    I know thanks, I was saying that I wanted to set a filename for the output, but I get issues(I know that I need to merge the two files using ffmpeg). Nevermind I'll go ahead like I tried, even if I get an error because I'm trying to set an output name when there are two files.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Have you tried -o filename?
    Yt-dlp should merge the files for you if they're not encrypted.

Paste the full command and error (you can blank out the identifying bits)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by ElCap View Post
    Have you tried -o filename?
    Yt-dlp should merge the files for you if they're not encrypted.

Paste the full command and error (you can blank out the identifying bits)
    I use:
    HTML Code:
    yt-dlp "https://link" --allow-unplayable-formats -o "video.mp4" -R "infinite" --fragment-retries "infinite"

WARNING: You have requested merging of multiple formats while also allowing unplayable formats to be downloaded. The formats won't be merged to prevent data corruption.
    Quote Quote  
  10. remove --allow-unplayable-formats and run it again
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by ElCap View Post
    remove --allow-unplayable-formats and run it again
    Error:
    HTML Code:
    This video is DRM protected
    Don't worry, thanks. It works by merging them after using ffmpeg. I'll do it like this.
    Quote Quote