VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am completely new to this whole thing. I have season 1-9 of Dragon Ball Z all in BluRay and wanted to rip the discs. Can someone please direct me to the proper thread to rip these discs, how to remove the copyright protection and everything else that I need to know?
    Quote Quote  
  2. The chances are good that DVDFab HD Decrypter can decrypt your Blu-Rays to the hard drive.

There are guides to its use on that page. It's free for decrypting (ripping), trialware for conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Will there be a loss in quality? Also, do you know once the discs are ripped can they be tracked back to me?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Don't share the ripped copies. But otherwise no, there is no way to connect you to the copies you make.

MakeMKV is another free program for ripping Blu-ray. In its normal configuration, it will rip to mkv files, but if you start in Backup mode, the entire disc is copied to the hard drive. Once there you can convert to other formats if you like.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jatt View Post
    Will there be a loss in quality?
    No, as that's what decrypting (ripping) means. Only the lack of encryption will make it different from the source.
    Quote Quote