VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

(I was hoping maybe multiAVCHD could do this but it's not clear to me if it can.)

I have a Canon HF-11 camcorder that records in AVCHD.

The 16 GB SDHC cards are given "CANON" as the Volume name and laid out like so:

Code:
    ./PRIVATE:
    AVCHD/

./PRIVATE/AVCHD:
    AVCHDTN/        BDMV/           CANON/

./PRIVATE/AVCHD/AVCHDTN:
    THUMB.TDT*      THUMB.TID*

./PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV:
    BACKUP/         INDEX.BDM*      PLAYLIST/
    CLIPINF/        MOVIEOBJ.BDM*   STREAM/

./PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/BACKUP:

./PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/CLIPINF:
    00000.CPI*      00003.CPI*      00006.CPI*      00009.CPI*
    00001.CPI*      00004.CPI*      00007.CPI*      00010.CPI*
    00002.CPI*      00005.CPI*      00008.CPI*

./PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/PLAYLIST:
    00000.MPL*      00001.MPL*      00002.MPL*

./PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM:
    00000.MTS*      00003.MTS*      00006.MTS*      00009.MTS*
    00001.MTS*      00004.MTS*      00007.MTS*      00010.MTS*
    00002.MTS*      00005.MTS*      00008.MTS*

./PRIVATE/AVCHD/CANON:
    00000.MPL*      00002.MPL*      INDEX.BDM*
    00001.MPL*      CINDEX.TMP*     THUMB.TID*
    I have Toast Titanium 10 Pro on a Mac and if I use the "AVCHD Archive" function, I can create an AVCHD format BD-R disc that will instantly play in my Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray player, because it supports AVCHD discs. So I'm covered there for my own use.

But I'd like to be able to create/author "normal" Blu-ray BD-R discs that will play in normal (i.e. old) Blu-ray players that don't support AVCHD-formatted discs.

I'd like to be able to, for example, send a Blu-ray disc of my travel videos to family members, or a video of a concert I shot to a fellow music-loving friend, etc.

So far, I've only been able to figure out that apparently Roxio Creator on Windows definitely can do this, and probably others as well. (I have Windows 7 in Boot Camp, so if absolutely necessary I suppose I could go that route.)

Toast 10 has a "Blu-ray" tab that will accept video and write it out (with a main menu and chapter markers) but it worked "too fast" - and it looks like it creates Yet Another AVCHD Disc, albeit slightly improved with the aforementioned main menu.

In other words, I want my Oppo to recognize the final disc as a normal "BDMV" Blu-ray disc, not as an "AVCHD" disc.

Can multiAVCHD do what I want? Anything besides Roxio Creator that does it? If so, any particular recommendations?

(I'd LOVE to have a Mac program that does it, but I have this sinking feeling that there aren't any.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Riot Nrrrd View Post

Can multiAVCHD do what I want? Anything besides Roxio Creator that does it? If so, any particular recommendations?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	blu-ray-disc-burn.PNG
Views:	1030
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	4210

Yes, select the Blu-ray for BD-R/RE disc option in multiAVCHD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks nwo. I've found out since this post that Toast can do most of what I want - i.e. it'll produce a Blu-ray disc that is not an AVCHD disc.

One problem still remains - it doesn't remux all the .MTS files into one giant .MTS before generating the disc structure, so I'm about to find out (once I burn it) if I'll get "skips" when it goes from the end of one clip to the beginning of the next one during continuous playback.

As someone else told me - "AFAIK the splitting of recordings are byte-wise and not GOP-wise, that is, the recording must be binary joined, individual processing of the parts would drop the affected GOPs and the video would "skip".
    I would use the software that came with the camcorder to do the joining (and/or the "capture"/import), then I would use the tools I mentioned and/or you used.
    " Guess I'll find out soon if he was right ...
    Quote Quote