VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

I'm new here, I hope you don't mind helping me.

I'm not great with After Effects or Premiere Pro. I'll try and cut to the chase.

I have created a nested sequence of letters falling from the top of the screen to the bottom, an animation for a title sequence. Is there a way I can use this nested sequence in another video to save me creating the animation again from scratch?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Within the same project, just cut and paste the subsequence or subcomp. Drop it wherever you need it.

Both Premiere or After Effects allow you to import projects into other projects File/Import/ProjectName.prproj or Projectname.aep and of course you can share timelines between both programs.

But usually the simplest way is to render out the subsequence as a high resolution clip that you can import and use at will. If you have transparency, exporting as Quicktime/Animation is probably still the best option.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Within the same project, just cut and paste the subsequence or subcomp. Drop it wherever you need it.

Both Premiere or After Effects allow you to import projects into other projects File/Import/ProjectName.prproj or Projectname.aep and of course you can share timelines between both programs.

But usually the simplest way is to render out the subsequence as a high resolution clip that you can import and use at will. If you have transparency, exporting as Quicktime/Animation is probably still the best option.
    This sounds awesome, i'm going to try this tonight. Thank you so much for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You're welcome. Good luck.
    Quote Quote