VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all, new here so go easy on me!

I'm going to be honest, I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing, but generally I am quite techy. This one has completely baffled me and I am struggling for ideas, hence me being here

I recently aquired a Sony DCR-TRV480e Camcorder off a friend of mine so I can attempt to capture old Video8 tapes on my PC. I bought a capture card (http://www.amazon.co.uk/367/dp/B008F0SARC/ref=pd_sim_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=15T26QF3F1XE...0_SR160%2C160_) expecting to be able to plug it in via composite and it would work. Funny enough this did not happen! I get perfect sound quality, but absolutely no video signal, which the software is telling me.

I then plugged it into my TV, to see if it is a faulty capture card. Exactly the same thing is happening, where I have sound but no picture. I have tried numerious cables, but this did not work.

Is there a setting on the camcorder which will make this work for me? I am starting to lose my mind over this... Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Although helping me would enable my family to watch my embarrassing baby videos!!)

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No special setting on the camera. It's standard with many Sony models

1. You have a faulty a/v cable (or possibly camera)

or

2. You have connected the white audio cable to the yellow video input or vice-versa. It should be Yellow to Yellow. White to White and Red to Red.
    Quote Quote