VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Original Blu-ray - 1:40:10.254
    MKV - 1:40:36

I've tried with mkvtoolnix (split by parts based on timecodes) and no results.

I want to cut the movie exactly at 1:40:10.254 but without re-encoding. Is that possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Enrik View Post
    I want to cut the movie exactly at 1:40:10.254 but without re-encoding. Is that possible?
    When cutting with MKVtoolnix it will only cut at the end of one GOP and the start of another GOP, so it will cut approximately within ~300 frames (depends on encoding settings). There's a program called MKVcutter which tries to do what you want for x264/H264 video. Avidemux is also an option for what you want.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Originally Posted by Enrik View Post
    When cutting with MKVtoolnix it will only cut at the end of one GOP and the start of another GOP, so it will cut approximately within ~300 frames (depends on encoding settings). There's a program called MKVcutter which tries to do what you want for x264/H264 video. Avidemux is also an option for what you want.
    Thanks, avidemux seems to be the best, with mkvcutter I can’t see milliseconds. Just one more thing, isn't there any way to start at 00:00:00,000? Once you feed avidemux with a video file it always starts at 00:00:00.083. Is there any reason? I hope it won't cause desynchronization if I decide to add an audio file (commentary track) to the resulting mkv file.
    Quote Quote