VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently downloaded DVD43 decrypter which I read may help with all DVD players being able to read my own created DVDs. I produce events and wedding videos using Pinnacle Studio Plus 12. Studio Plus creates 'region free' DVDs (Video_TS folder) but it doesn't play on certain DVDs i.e Samsung HT-Z110, a message appears saying "Disc prohibited, please check disc". When I installed DVD43 and went to 'Makie Movie', my PC crashed, I had to switch off by the plug point as it was completely frozen. Any other suggestions as to why my DVDs won't play on certain DVD players or what I can try to solve this problem?

silverline%20wedding%20business%20card.jpg
    Silverlien Productions
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You rarely see so much WRONG information packed into one post. You need to start over....and start by smacking the person that told you all of that nonsense right on the face.
    Then you need to buy Taiyo Yuden or at least Verbatim DVD blanks....then check your results.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD43 does conflict with some programs, usually rippers that already have CSS decoding built in. However it is simple to turn off when you don't need it, and only run it on the few occasions that you do (i.e. when ripping a protected disc).

It does not affect the playback of your discs in other players.

What software do you burn with ?
    What blank media do you use ?

Also, some players show messages similar to your "Disc prohibited" when NTSC discs are played in PAL machines or PAL discs are played in NTSC machines.

You might also consider not dumping huge graphics (which thankfully didn't display) in your post just to advertise your company. The link in your sig is more than enough.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Thanks for info, I didn't know you could turn DVD43 off, I will try it again. I was trying DVD43 to see if it would help with my problem. My DVDs play on almost all DVD players, but myself and 2 friends bought the Samsung HT-Z110 home entertainment players which won't play the DVD...very fustrating.

To answer your questions:
    - I use Pinnacle Studio Plus 12 to produce the original DVD.
    - I make copies using Power Producer.
    - I'm using Verbatum DVD-R disks.
    - The DVD is PAL format and DVD player is PAL (Living in South Africa).

Apologies, the image was 24kb, didn't think it was too big. New to this site. Was trying to use it for my profile pic.

NickiMitch
    Silverlien Productions
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check the rules - there are very definite limits on the size (dimensions as well as file size) to sig pics.

Imgburn is the most often recommended tool for burning DVD Videos. And with good reason. It is purpose built, comes with a long heritage (it was the remnants of the excellent DVD Decrypter), and is the only free tool that easily burns fully compliant DVD Video discs.

I would suggest that you output to a Video_TS folder with your authoring tool, then use Imgburn to burn the disc. The Help menu in Imgburn links to the Imgburn forum and to many illustrated guides on using the tool. limit the burn speed. I burn 16x discs at 12x and have a great success rate. Some recommend even slower speeds. Try a few different ones and see what works for you.

Try an alternative brand - TY if you can. All players do not play all discs equally, and it might be that this particular player simply doesn't like the Verbatim discs. It happens.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will download Imgburn and try it this evening.

I've used a few differnt brands i.e Sony and others. I haven't seen TY at the media shops I purchase my goods from, I'll enquire.

Many thanks, I appreciate your advice.
    Silverlien Productions
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Taiyo Yuden discs generally aren't available for sale in media shops and must be purchased online. While we know of reputable dealers for North America and the UK, I'm afraid that I can't make any suggestions for any dealers in South Africa.

Ah.. the old "Disc prohibited" message. Unfortunately that could be a lot of things. It could be a warning that your DVD has a region code your player doesn't like, but that would seem not to be the case here. It also could be an issue of the player only supporting PAL or NTSC playback and the DVD being in the other format. Take one of your DVDs and try it on other players or PCs. Will it play at all? If not, maybe you didn't finalize the disc.

While it is theoretically possible that your player simply doesn't like Verbatim discs, that is unlikely. Verbatim and TY are the only consistent producers of quality media in the world right now. I see that you reviewed this player in our DVD Players list and you say it's been repaired twice. Have you considered the possibility that it's simply a piece of junk? I'd strongly recommend that you try your discs on other players and PCs and NOT use this player as a reference point as you are likely to continue to have problems with it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm happy to say that after using Imgburn to copy one of my video folders, the DVD played on our Samsung HT-Z110 DVD player perfectly I then tested the DVD on our other DVD player (Samsung HR757 which has never given me hassles with my disks before) and it doesn't play correctly. The footage sticks in different parts of the DVD, especially the still images and titles. I'm going read up more oabout Imgburn.

I located an online shop in Johannesburg that stock TY disks so I'm going order through them and have them deliver to me in Cape Town.

I do think the Samsung HT-Z110 is a piece of junk Endless problems with it. Pity I can't tell that to our clients!!! As it happens our latest events DVD, the one promoter has the same DVD player as us and couldn't view the show. I've made him a copy using Imgburn so he can view it!
    Quote Quote