VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All

I have a dvd intro which is made by cinemawise ...if you are not familiar with the product it is a dvd which makes you feel like you are at a theater it has a welcome to my theater screen , then goes into a triva spot and a visit to the concession stand and so on. We only do this when we have movie night parties with friends

When I do this I have the intro in 1 dvd player and the movie on another dvd player first we watch the dvd intro then I play the movie . It is honestly a pain in the but

Having said that I would like to strip the dvd intro down and take some info out and then make a new avi or mpeg . From there I would like to rip the main movie from my dvd . tehn merge the two and make one new dvdr ..so when I am done I will have one disc that plays the intro and then goes into the movie .

I know how to rip teh main movie from a dvd ...I am having trouble with the intro disc...there is just so much info on this I don't even know where to start I have watched the main movie vob and there are parts missing in the video

Any suggestions one the best way to do this

Thanks
    Ed
    We were all NEWBIES once and the only stupid question is the one that's not asked?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's easy enough to add the intro as a First-Play for the main movie DVD. Open the main movie DVD in PGCEdit. Go Title->Import First-Play (startup) Clip. Then follow the easy instructions from there. This requires that the intro be a DVD also. Once done the intro will play, followed immediately by the movie.

To cut stuff from the intro, Vobblanker is one way:

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/guides/VobBlanker/prevcut/index.php

And there are others as well, such as VideoRedo.

I didn't understand what you said about the VOBs having parts missing. But you don't watch VOBs anyway; you watch DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono

I didn't understand what you said about the VOBs having parts missing. But you don't watch VOBs anyway; you watch DVDs.
    What I mean is when I watched the vobs to see which ones I want and which ones I want to delete there are sections of the vob missing ...for example tehre is a sceene int he intro that goes froma swooping filmstrip into a starry sky and this is where the trivia questions would be

if it's any help when I looked at the vob in smartripper it ways that there are a series of strings that are 20 seconds long . I did figure out that those number strings are teh trivfia questions which is one part I want to delete.

Sorry for the confusion
    Ed
    We were all NEWBIES once and the only stupid question is the one that's not asked?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Like I said, you don't play VOBs, you play DVDs. Perhaps it has seamless branching so that the VOBs appear to play all jumbled up where the DVD plays fine. In any event, if you decrypt the Intro DVD to the hard drive, VobBlanker can cut out the stuff you don't like. But if it does have angles or seamless branching, VobBlanker won't handle it. I'd suggest using DVD Decrypter set up in IFO Mode (not the default File Mode) to decrypt what you want. If there are multiple sections (PGCs) you want, then decrypt them and then reauthor them back together in DVD Shrink so you get the intro edited the way you want. After all that, then use PGCEdit to get the Intro into the main movie DVD. Using DVD Decrypter in IFO Mode should show you something very similar to what you saw in SmartRipper. If you're more comfortable using SmartRipper for the job, then go ahead.

Or, in the chance it's easier than I suspect, decrypt the whole thing using DVD Decrypter in file mode and then see if it opens in VobBlanker without warning messages. If this is a small DVD it shouldn't take long to check. Then highlight the video(s) so it (they) appears in the bottom screen, hit the "Cells" button, and in the new screen check them out using the "Preview" and "Blank" any cells you don't want. After going through the whole thing, give it an "Output Folder" and "Process".

Without knowing the structure of this thing it's hard to be real specific.
    Quote Quote