VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guest
    Hi!

I currenlty own a Philips DVD-711 player but it doesn't play SVCD's that good and it's not officially supported by that player either.

I've looked on this site in the DVD player section but looking there just made be dizzy, one person says the <insert brand here> can play SVCD's fine, some other person says it can't hardly play SVCD's at all.

I'm looking for a good DVD player that can play DVD/VCD/SVCD/MP3 without any problems, I was hoping you could help me give any some pointers.
    The player must be able to play PAL and NTSC encoded DVD/VCD/SVCD's aswell...

Thanks in advance...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Pioneer DV-333, DV-343

I haven't found a disc mine (DV 343) wouldn't play, including an SVCD disc that I burned from an AVI file to CDR that even my laptop wouldn't play (or any other DVD player I own). It works on DVDRs recorded from a Panasonic DMR-E20 (Vivastar DVDRs). I'd changed brands trying to find the right combination on my Terapin (VCD burner) - and the Pioneer plays them all. You can buy another brand for less, but the main thing to look up is the

TWIN LASER PICKUP

Happy Hunting!!!!
    Quote Quote