VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I pay for online streaming of tv chans from my provider. They have a clunky web browser streaming with adobe flash which isn't very stable, so I wanted to try to use vlc to stream instead.

It looks like they are using HLS for streaming. I think it might be encrypted because when I use chrome webtools to find out the ts file, I can download it fine but when I try opening it up in vlc, it doesn't play and mpc-hc says 'cannot render the file'. I've also tried the Adobe HDS/HLS video saver chrome extension, but that results in the save unviewable video. Has anyone come across a similar streaming setup with their provider and any way around this to use 3rd party programs like vlc to view the stream?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are paying for this service then there is no difference to any other subscription based service such as Netfilx, Hulu etc.

So, essentially, discussion contravenes forum rules.

Even so, using a third-party viewer is not going to improve unstable, buffery reception which could be server congestion, connection speed, or even a combination of both.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Average video editor Sviests's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try streamlink - a CMD tool.

Run:
    Code:
    streamlink "http://url.to.m3u8" best
    That will result opening the VLC and playing it. If the picture is greyish and no sound - yes it's encrypted.
    Also possible that need to pass cookies to console to open the stream too.

For full picture a link to embeded stream would be great,but if it's a subscription site with authorization required then as the person above said - it violates the forum rules.
    Quote Quote