VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. guys I am using VIDEOCON d2t STB with usb recording fuction, I have around 500GB of recorded data and I want to upload these recordings to YOUTUBE.... but these files are encrypted and not playable in any type of media player.... I can provide the .trp file so that any one of you could find any method to decrypt or convert these .trp recordings!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure if they actually are encrypted. TRP is usually a wrapper for a transport stream - try to remux it to a TS container with TsRemux and see if you media player can play them. If they can be played after remux they are not encrypted and you can convert them with ffmpeg + ffqueue or handbrake or what you've got

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/331248-Converting-trp-files
    I'm the developer behind FFQueue. My posts might reflect this! ;-)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is that a cable box or sat reciever
    then most likely yes.. DRM protected encrypted

you will need to play them, and use A/V output into a capture card on the PC
    then upload those recorded files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    is that a cable box or sat reciever
    then most likely yes.. DRM protected encrypted

you will need to play them, and use A/V output into a capture card on the PC
    then upload those recorded files
    Yes, these .trp files are recorded from sat.

hm..... this is what I am doing now but the problem is that the recorded files are in multiple audio or multiple languages and for each video there exist 4-5 languages for each of them I am recording same video several times which takes a long time !! I want the .trp file decryption so that the those language can directly come with the stream!

is there any way decrypt?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You cannot decrypt files that are locked to PVR devices. It's pretty gnarly to figure out what type of encryption is used and what key/salt is used for the scrambling. The only sollution is the one provided by capture-cards.
    Quote Quote  
  6. how to use "aycwabtu"? for finding keys??
    and then to decrypt them ??
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by foralltimerishi View Post
    how to use "aycwabtu"? for finding keys??
    Funny, the search results from that second (misleading) link have a whole bunch of posts from very knowledgeable people on very good forums like doom9. They are saying the same thing the other knowledgeable users here are saying.

It's not possible.

Forget it.

Use a capture device.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    Funny, the search results from that second (misleading) link have a whole bunch of posts from very knowledgeable people on very good forums like doom9. They are saying the same thing the other knowledgeable users here are saying.

It's not possible.

Forget it.

Use a capture device.
    It is possible if you have sufficient amount of time and resources - like any other encryption - that's all - it can be impractical, it can be considered difficult and that's why so many people say - it is not possible - 56 bit HDCP can be decrypted on the fly by brute force nowadays - doable on Zynq from Xilinx.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    how to use "aycwabtu"? for finding keys??

It's not possible.

Forget it.

Use a capture device.
    pandy thinks it is fun to waste other people's time by sending them on wild goose chases. It also likes to hijack threads by starting arguments about its theories. Just ignore it like you would any any other troll.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    It is possible if you have sufficient amount of time and resources.
    Are we talking NSA type of time and resources? In order to break encryption you need to have some sort of programmatical and/or mathematical background. Breaking encryption is not a task for anybody and OP is most likely to fail. For 99% of ordinary computer users I'd stick to the assumption that breaking encryption (as requested here) is not possible.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by TorBru View Post
    It is possible if you have sufficient amount of time and resources.
    Are we talking NSA type of time and resources? In order to break encryption you need to have some sort of programmatical and/or mathematical background. Breaking encryption is not a task for anybody and OP is most likely to fail. For 99% of ordinary computer users I'd stick to the assumption that breaking encryption (as requested here) is not possible.
    This depend - i was never interested in braking CA but some of them have particular types of weakness - maybe is not easy, maybe it require some effort - some people doing work on CA offline blind decryption so saying that this is impossible is simply unfair - and i agree there is no ready 100% working solution easy to use, easy to install but it must be clear that such product will be illegal.
    I always trying to provide objective information, never judging OP (never assuming that someone is too stupid or not capable) and as such it is purely up to OP to check possibility and decide - give up or not - this is i think main difference and source for problems to some people like below - they expect product, ready to use, with warranty... well braking CA is not like weekly shopping in mall...

Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    [
    pandy thinks it is fun to waste other people's time by sending them on wild goose chases. It also likes to hijack threads by starting arguments about its theories. Just ignore it like you would any any other troll.
    usually_quiet - jealous because he is too lazy to learn - typical example of consumerism...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This depend - i was never interested in braking CA but some of them have particular types of weakness - maybe is not easy, maybe it require some effort - some people doing work on CA offline blind decryption so saying that this is impossible is simply unfair
    I've been programming for 20+ years and some of the software I've produced has been with some sort of encryption involved. I've tried (for the fun of it) to break my own (and others) encryption routines and I know that in order to break an encrypted dataset you must have access to (and be able to understand) the encryption routines and either an unencrypted copy of the dataset for reverse engineering or the key used in the encryption. You might succeed with brute force attacks on an encrypted dataset if you know the routines used - but this might take forever. Since PVR's might have a lot of encryption keys in hand you're most likely to end up with brute-forcing every single recording and this would be so time consuming that the attempt would be rediculous. In the end it's way faster to use a capture card - even though this might seem cumbersome and time consuming.

Btw. I'm not saying that OP is stupid or incapable. I'm just saying that OP will most likely fail in the attempt to decrypt the TRP's even if he/she is very smart!
    Quote Quote  
  13. yeah guys I love to do programming !! but I don't know how to consider things related to VIDEO structure codec.... etc!
    since, my all recording are in Standard Def. 1hr recording leads to 1 GB and my harddisk (about 450GB) is full, and using a capture card is worst solution to this !!
    plz tell how to a consider things related to VIDEO structure codec!!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by TorBru View Post
    This depend - i was never interested in braking CA but some of them have particular types of weakness - maybe is not easy, maybe it require some effort - some people doing work on CA offline blind decryption so saying that this is impossible is simply unfair
    I've been programming for 20+ years and some of the software I've produced has been with some sort of encryption involved. I've tried (for the fun of it) to break my own (and others) encryption routines and I know that in order to break an encrypted dataset you must have access to (and be able to understand) the encryption routines and either an unencrypted copy of the dataset for reverse engineering or the key used in the encryption. You might succeed with brute force attacks on an encrypted dataset if you know the routines used - but this might take forever. Since PVR's might have a lot of encryption keys in hand you're most likely to end up with brute-forcing every single recording and this would be so time consuming that the attempt would be rediculous. In the end it's way faster to use a capture card - even though this might seem cumbersome and time consuming.

Btw. I'm not saying that OP is stupid or incapable. I'm just saying that OP will most likely fail in the attempt to decrypt the TRP's even if he/she is very smart!

your each line made me cry !!
    I am so excited to do decryption, I love to do programming !!
    plz tell me how do I start this??
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to learn about encryption, look into the Crypto++ library. It supports all major ciphers and hashes:

http://www.cryptopp.com/

But do not expect to be able to decrypt your streams
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yeah guys I love to do programming !! but I don't know how to consider things related to VIDEO structure codec.... etc!
    since, my all recording are in Standard Def. 1hr recording leads to 1 GB and my harddisk (about 450GB) is full, and using a capture card is worst solution to this !!
    plz tell how to a consider things related to VIDEO structure codec!!
    Capture cards can do a respectable job, if you get a good one and learn how to use it properly.

[Edit]It doesn't make sense to record the audio track for languages that you don't speak.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 8th Aug 2015 at 14:18.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its not about the video codec
    that will be standard
    the video file is encrypted on the fly as it is being recorded onto the hard drive
    this is similar manor to any file encryption used to protect documents of any kind

the file key generator is part of the programing that runs the sat recorder
    when files are played they are decrypted on the fly and sent to the TV

you will be a whole lot better off..just buying a portable external HD for the PC for extra storage space
    and recording the play back
    i can't tell you how to decrypt, i don't know
    Nobody on here has done it.. and said so,, and that would be a really big thing to crow about, IF you could do it
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by TorBru View Post

Ok so also probably you are aware of such things:

http://www.bradreese.com/blog/3-28-2012.htm
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-17494723

Nagra was broken by SC analysis...

Anyway my point is only that CA are safe until they are broken - and they are broken at some point - that's why companies such as Nagra replacing SC from time to time - if they consider situation unsafe from business perspective they going to replace card and system.
    And yes, i agree capturing output is easier and quality loss can be marginal... personally i would go for for this method.
    But once again - it doesn't mean that CA can't be broken - it can be just suboptimal method when compared to capturing output (and for example HDCP can be decrypted almost without problem).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pandy: The only encryption that cannot be broken is called "corrupted data". Every type of encryption can be broke given the time. The big question is: Is it worth the efford? I do not know what you are trying to achieve but so far you've failed to provide a viable sollution to OP's problem.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Even the website listed above called it a proof of concept, idea , that could take weeks or months to break only one encryption key, and not a ready to use process
    The OP ask for help... And advice, he doesn't like the advice
    But the truth of situation is he could spend months trying to decrypt these files and not get even one
    If you want to argue theory, start a thread specifically to do that
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oops duplicate post
    Last edited by theewizard; 9th Aug 2015 at 14:08.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TorBru View Post
    pandy: The only encryption that cannot be broken is called "corrupted data". Every type of encryption can be broke given the time. The big question is: Is it worth the efford? I do not know what you are trying to achieve but so far you've failed to provide a viable sollution to OP's problem.
    True pandy doesn't seem to care all that much about helping anyone. pandy has disrupted numerous threads by starting these kinds of pointless arguments over minute factual errors or because it has a very literal interpretation of what anyone writes. That is why I call it a troll and put it on my ignore list.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by TorBru View Post
    I will be rude - technically it is feasible - saying it is not possible is simply untrue - but even my English allow me distinguish difference between technically possible and not worth effort...
    OP is from India not USA, there is plenty people there (India), some of them are good in math and programming, FPGA, MPP, GPGPU make this also technically feasible then i wish OP good luck, and i wish all lazy farts to focus on learning not shopping.
    Quote Quote