VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got a movie in the theater from someones camcorder and when I play it the screens continously flashes, is there anyway to fix that its a DAT file as if it were a VCD..... ANY information would be very helpful and I thnak you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Wait to the legit version comes out. The movie on the screen is at 24fps while video is 30.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you have a cam. Pretty much all cams are pal and I'm assuming your running this movie on an ntsc tv.

If your dvd player has a pal or multi mode then enable it and the vcd should play fine. If it doesnt all you can do is convert the mpg to ntsc. You can use vcdgear (www.vcdgear.org) to convert your dat to mpg. From there I would recommend using TMPGenc and converting to ntsc film (352x240, 23.976fps.) Ntsc is more compatible with dvd players but it would really make it unwatchable if you converted it to that since the fps is so much higher.

Honestly I would say converting it is not worth the effort since I'm sure the quality is already pretty bad since its a cammed bootleg.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have Freddy got fingered in AVI format (alos a theater bootleg) it works fine and all, maybe/hopfully could it be my friends computer (I don't have the files yet)....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DeathDenied on 2001-07-03 21:48:20 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  5. Im playing the files on a computer not a DVD player, I wanna (if the files turn out better) port it to VHS..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your playing it on a pc then I have no idea, I think the movie must just be messed up. I seriously doubt there is anything you could do about it.
    Quote Quote