VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please forgive me if this is a repost. I searched the forum, but I couldn't find this covered.

I use OBS Studio to record my Windows 10 desktop and I've been happy with it. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to record Windows context menus (like what you see when you right-click on an item). Some searching around the internet seems to indicate that it's not possible.

I'm trying to create a video tutorial where including context menus is necessary. I've seen them on YouTube, but I can't figure out what software they're using.

I need something that will record multiple windows as I swap around between Photoshop, notepad, Windows Explorer, and my web browser, but will also capture the context menus I use in each of those.

Does such a thing exist? I'm frustrated to the level of pointing a camera at my screen to record my activities that way, and we all know how awful that would look.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just downloaded a trial of FastStone Capture. A short test seems to have gone well. I'll let y'all know how a full run went.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Tha Great
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    OBS should be able to do this just fine, but it may have more to do with the overlay & rendering engine that is being utilized on the way to the codec. Have you checked/unchecked "use hardware acceleration"?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just search some screen recorders and you will find many giveaways on the internet. You can give them a try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. very simple use for screen recorder is oCam or also Apowersoft Screen Recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi ,

Try VLC .

Cheers .
    JE SUIS CHARLIE !!!
    Quote Quote