VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My question is will both pal and ntsc playback on the same burnt cd?
    Or do I have to keep them seperate?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If your DVD player supports both, yes. You will have to switch between the modes accordingly though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't know about Nero, but you can definitely burn both PAL and NTSC material on the same VCD. I've done so myself on several occasions and it is in the PAL/NTSC Demo VCDs here: http://www.vcdimager.org/discs.phtml#demo

Depending on your VCD/DVD player and TV, you may or may not need to manually switch between "PAL" and "NTSC" settings on your hardware.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  4. My player (well I have 2), but the one in my computer room is a cheap ol' apex ad-1200, it has an option to auto-detect pal/ntsc... Would that be the way to go..

I know Just test it myself, lol-- just wondering what other people have encountered..
    Quote Quote  
  5. It depends on your player + TV...

Both my players have "auto PAL/NTSC" and all this means is that if it detects PAL video, it outputs PAL video signal and if it detects NTSC, ditto.

Alternatively, I can hard set it to display PAL or NTSC (and it will do the relevant conversion as necessary in real time).

It then depends on your TV. On one of the TVs, it can auto detect PAL and NTSC as well and display it properly (i.e., multisystems TV). Thus, this works great with the player.

On my other TV, it is PAL only. So, if I put in a disc with NTSC content (and the player swtiches over the NTSC mode) I end up with B/W video. Setting the player to "PAL" rather than "auto" (i.e., so the player does NTSC --> PAL conversion) makes the picture display properly on this TV.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote