VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    My version of 'natural' subtitles

You can just read and watch, but when subtitles in the bottom, you cant see what happens on screen when you read text
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

I dont know why this image is hidden when I put it in 1 message so i split....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its my potplayer settings

IM disappointed that i cant do this for youtube or another online players
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by DanilaZabiaka View Post
    IM disappointed that i cant do this for youtube or another online players
    Maybe it's because no one in their right mind wants subtitles like yours.

Did you join just to open this thread?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    >Maybe it's because no one in their right mind wants subtitles like yours.
    Why? It looks like manipulation. I tried to see with my version of subtitles with my friends. In Russia, most of people looks foreign movies with after voice translation, people hate subtitles
    My variant is correct of most of them

It's logical from physiology side, macula ('hi-res' part of eyes) is quite small, you physically cant look to the botton reading the text and watch action in top place of screen, you need to run your eyes

As for me, I hate what corporation does, and think that subtitles in bottom are good for capitalism . Its not confortable to see in this part of screen, so people dont look foreign movies often, good for economic, thats all ^_^
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can say that it corrupts faces, for example. Okay, its the reason why I use very thin translarent font

And actually, from phisyology view loses when you read text in the bottom and need to run your eyes much more. In another words, when you read text in bottom, you practically dont see faces and emotions/action, you can contetrate yourself in bottom and see thay you cant see faces.

Phisiology
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I've seen and heard the Russian method of dubbing. One guy talks over the original audio in monotone.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no, haha, we have multivoice, quite well, but I prefer original voices and intonations.
    From another side, we lived in world when people should have some job and some deal. If you voice movies, its 'working places'. If subtitles are very comfortable out-of box, its very bad for working places. But im anticapitalist and Pasha Kvant project, its me the person who destroyed time, so mne pofig
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DanilaZabiaka View Post
    In another words, when you read text in bottom, you practically dont see faces and emotions/action, you can contetrate yourself in bottom and see thay you cant see faces.
    I have no trouble both reading subtitles and watching the film. Maybe you sit too close to the screen?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    >I have no trouble both reading subtitles and watching the film
    Humans get used to everything. We have no problem when we read books.

But, in english countries, people have no choise, in russia when we have quite good voice traslation for every movies and piracy, people hate subtitles
    As for me, I hate to see movies alone and need company. So, if my subtitles good for russians, they should be good for different people

I asked people, even guys who create subtitles, dont see movies with subtitles with friends . My variant is acceptable even for low-iq people)))
    Quote Quote