VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Well, maybe, but from the many possibilities we mentioned so far, the confusion of the TV seems the most unlikely to me. And the reason is: if it would expect a progressive file, why is it that I don't see the usual strobing of 25p when I play 50i files? If I play a 25p file on TV, you can see that flickering, as I remember some of you called it judder. But with 50i, the playback is smooth like in 50p, the only problem is this occasional acceleration at certain files. And the next problem with this theory: I mentioned that I noticed this problem with the Samsung S10 camcorder, too. When I tested it, I had 4-5 other camcorders that I also tested, JVC, other Samsung, Canon, Panasonic, most of them Full HD 1080i. After shooting test videos of random situations, I always checked them by connecting the camcorders with a HDMI cable to the TV and playing back videos like that from the camcorders. In those cases I don't think the TV could have beeen confused by the interlaced property of the file, as it was not directly reading the file but was reveiving the signal through the cable. And there was never ever a problem, only with the Samsung S10. Right at the first time I played back its video this way, I noticed this acceleration. Back then I thought it is a problem of the camcorder hardware, I only noticed this again years later when I tried the Sony AVC conversion preset, and when they broadcasted that amateur movie on TV.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm guessing it's confused by the MP4 container.

Those other 4-5 other camcorder "50i" files were all .ts or .m2ts or .mts (ie transport streams) . The Samsung S10 was.... MP4 . Just like your "50i" re-encoded MP4 from Sony. Both Mainconcept and Sony MP4.

Do you ever recall an interlaced MP4 that played without the issue ? If so, then yes it's not likely
    Quote Quote  
  3. Remux jatek.mp4 into a transport stream. Use tsmuxer
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I also have a Sanyo HD1000. It records in mp4 at 1080i max. I never had the feeling of an accelerated movement with it, though I used it much at the same time I obtained the Samsung S10. And I really wtached its videos a lot from the camcorder through HDMI on TV. Also was not a problem when I played the files back from USB on TV. This problem was only limited to the S10, both while playing back its files from USB and from the camcorder. Very sadly, I don't have those recordings any more. All the test videos that remained from that camcorder were shot with actually 0 panning and slowly moving objects.

And it just came to my mind I also had the Samsung H200 and H300, all similar series like the S10. I didn't experience the problem in case of them either, though they also record in 1080i mp4 format.

I will do the remux tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bencuri; 13th May 2018 at 19:07.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    The only way I could to it is rendering it to HDV transport file, but that type is not supported by my TV.
    HDV is MPEG 2 video. Try remuxing to an MPG container. Your TV might support that.
    I tried to render the file this way without B-frames, but had no success. Sony Vegas reports an error anyhow I try it, either because of trying to save the mpg in 1920x1080 or because of not selecting B frames. The only other converter I have is Xilisoft converter, but it is useless in this case as it transforms everything into progressive.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Meanwhile I found something that might be related to the source of problems. So as I mentioned in the first post, this problems occured in case of the Samsung S10, and with Sony Vegas when I used the Sony AVC preset on rendering. We can skip now that amateur movie I saw on TV because we don't know how it was rendered or recorded. Actually in this case I am only concerned about the Sony AVC preset, as something is not good in that case, however it would be great if I were able to use it, as it converts much faster than the MainConcept preset. So, I noticed this preset has the following option selected by default: Rendering: Automatic. In case of the MainConcept preset it is: Use CPU only by default. Can't it be the problem that in case of a Sony AVC rendering, the software starts using OpenCL, and that's why something gets messed up in the processed file? Besides automatic, Use Intel Quick Sync, Use CPU and use GPU are the other options, and as my chipset supports OpenCL, maybe Vegas start using that instead of the CPU. What do you think?
    Last edited by Bencuri; 14th May 2018 at 17:58.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've lost track on what were the original camera files and what were re-encoded.
    Wasn't the 0027.ts an original camera file? Which of these files in an original file
    from the Samsung S10 ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. What if you just remux the original 00027.ts streams into an MP4 (M4V) container? Or MKV if your devices support it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I've lost track on what were the original camera files and what were re-encoded.
    Wasn't the 0027.ts an original camera file? Which of these files in an original file
    from the Samsung S10 ?
    The files attached are from my recent Canon HF M41. The TS file is the original raw file, more exactly a piece cut out from the original with TSMuxer. The file jatek.mp4 is the one rendered from the raw file in Sony Vegas using the Sony AVC preset. This preset is set to Automatic on the Encoding option. This file is the problematic. The file jatek2.mp4 is rendered from the original in Sony Vegas using MainConcept AVC that is set to CPU only in the Encoding option. This file has no problem.

The Samsung S10 was mentioned, because I experienced a similar problem in the raw file of that camcorder, which files were mp4 anyway. The problem occured occasionally, I don't have the files any more as I owned that camcorder 6 years ago. Just mentioned it as a symptom among many.

I can go on using the MainConcept preset in the future, that way I don't have this problem with the videos. I just found this accelerated motion feel curious, and decided to mention it, I thought it is some widely known problem in the FullHD recording universe. Wanted to know reasons ehy it appears.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    These problem files can be fixed if you open them in Avisynth and re-encode them with an encoder that will accept the script,
    such as Staxrip, Xmedia Recode, Ripbot264 etc,etc

Why the Sony AVC encoder produces files that have these issues, I don't know, perhaps something in the settings.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    These problem files can be fixed if you open them in Avisynth and re-encode them with an encoder that will accept the script,

Why the Sony AVC encoder produces files that have these issues, I don't know, perhaps something in the settings.
    Sorry for the silence, recently I was away.

This re-encoding that you refer to, can it be done in a way that I add them first in Vegas to the timeline to edit. And then on rendering, I run them through Frameserver and re-encode with the script only then, and save the files through something like MEGUI, etc? Or the re-encoding should be done before? During editing I don't need to change any property of the files, it is okay for me to process them out of Vegas with the specifics they were improted in with.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post

Sorry for the silence, recently I was away.

This re-encoding that you refer to, can it be done in a way that I add them first in Vegas to the timeline to edit. And then on rendering, I run them through Frameserver and re-encode with the script only then, and save the files through something like MEGUI, etc? Or the re-encoding should be done before? During editing I don't need to change any property of the files, it is okay for me to process them out of Vegas with the specifics they were improted in with.
    I don't know if Avisynth can pick up a frameserved file directly, might have to render it out to a lossless intermediate. Others will know,
    that's beyond my experience.
    Quote Quote