VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to resync some subtitles from one video source to another, but I don't want to OCR them. Just keep them as is. I've been able to figure out the sync offset, but I've come across some other troubles in the process. The first problem is that the original SUP file was made for a 16:9 video source, but I'm resyncing them to a 4:3 video source. So the subtitles are squished. I can fix this in Subtitle Edit, using the process described in this post https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/380528-sup-subtitle-help#post2460315. However, this process seems to change the positioning of all the subtitles to the bottom of the screen, and this is a problem since some of the subtitles are supposed to appear at the top of the screen, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to reposition them.

I've tried BDsup2sub, and it keeps the positionings, but I get a strange error which renders some lines invisible (seems to affect repeat lines). In the log it says "WARNING: Problems during RLE decoding of picture OBJ at offset 0x0002be6b"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try all versions of BDSup2Sub, including the "Enhanced" version? They all have their own issues.
    Enhanced version can be downloaded here: https://github.com/naikel/BDSup2Sub/blob/enhanced/build/BDSup2SubEnhanced0.0.9.jar
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm trying to use the Enhanced version, but every time I try to open a SUP file it throws up this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    bdsup2sub.supstream.bd.SupBD.(SupBD.java:301)
    bdsup2sub.core.Core.readSup(Core.java:426)
    bdsup2sub.core.Core.run(Core.java:158)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I've updated my Java and it still happens. I've also tried the ++ version of BDsup2sub, but unfortunately it doesn't export back to SUP.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. I forgot about the output format option in BDsup2sub++. It can export back to SUP.
    Last edited by CWCprime; 28th Jul 2020 at 14:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good you figured it out. But your mentioned errors upon opening a SUP file would have me concerned if there isn't another (Java?) problem on the pc.
    Quote Quote