VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This appears to be a fairly common problem it seems after I did a little research but I still can’t find a solution. I basically slide the eject release and that door opens then nothing happens. The entire tray with the minidv never slides up. I don’t currently have a tape in the camcorder. I’ve tried unplugging and letting it sit, tried battery only, plugged in AC only every once in a while it will randomly pop out but just once. I can’t seem to figure out what is causing it what kind of rhyme or reason but id love to get it operational. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello,
    I had a similar problem with my mum´s camera, not the same model (hers is ZR90 mini) but maybe this helps you.

The camera would open but the cassette sometimes just would not come out so i used a screwdriver to "fix it".

I opened the cassete housing and on the right side it says "press". There is a little spring hidden. I then used a small screwdriver to push the spring down just a tiny bit and it somehow worked. I don´t know exactly how and why it worked but the cassete came out. This worked a couple of times actually.

Maybe this will work for you too (but be careful not to damage the camera)!

BTW: we bought a "new one" off of ebay afterwards because that problem was really annoying
    Quote Quote