VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All the guides that i've looked at show how to do a slideshow. But is it possible to have categories ( like folders on a computer)?

For example, i want to have 5 categories of pictures, and be able to choose each category seperatly instead of having a huge amout of pictures and having to go through them to find specific ones.

I have never made a picture cd before, so would i be able to disable the slideshow and go through the pictures manually?

thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unless I'm mistaken, all the files need to be in the same folder. It is part of the VCD/SVCD spec.

You can stop the slide show and go forward or backwards.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes you can do this easily. SVCDs and VCDs do not operate like photo cds where you just have a bunch of stills in various directories. (S)VCDs support menu capability so you can have a main menu still picture where you select which branch of other mpeg stills you want to view. You just need any (S)VCD authoring software. I recommend VCDEasy.

You can basically do whatever you want. The menu's work by placing commands within each mpeg video or still. So from any menu you can jump to any other menu using number keys, play, stop, etc... You just have to map that button to that link.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Or you can also use Nero Vision Express 3 and make a slideshow with the pictures in the same file with a refresh of the pictures of the seconds that you want, you can also put a background audio in it.
    Quote Quote