VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I find a background music on a Youtube video that I'd like to use it for my video. I'm quite pretty sure that he isn't the copyright owner and he also got it somewhere else. I don't know the name of the background music and it's quite unlikely if searching and listening to millions of free music on the web to look for a specific one. I am able to download their video without difficulty, but will be contaminated with some voices, is it possible to backward identify the source of the background music?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Upload the audio onto FB or YT and see how fast you get popped. They’ll tell you who.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There is a FireFox add-on that might work.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/song-identifier/?utm_source=addons.mozi...content=search

I would try Barrythecrab's suggestion first.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Shazam on your smartphone will allow you sample the music and it will show the info.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    There is a FireFox add-on that might work.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/song-identifier/?utm_source=addons.mozi...content=search

I would try Barrythecrab's suggestion first.
    Will it work if the "song" is contaminated with a lot of human voice. It's actually not a song, but background music only
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How about a link to the current Youtube video/music ?
    Quote Quote