VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a movie that I watch. The movie is an mp4. I get an audio sync issue where it looks like the audio is delayed. If I rewind and rewatch that part, it goes away. Fast forwarding to that spot (actually a little before) and watching, I don't see the issue. Does this sound like a symptom of:
    1) the file being damaged
    2) hard drive damage

or no way to tell from that limited information? Since it is intermittent I lean towards a hard drive issue, but I wasn't sure if it was a damaged file if it would always occur in the same spot.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like more of a software playing issue.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, file or software. Definitely not a hard drive problem. Try a different player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the responses. Tried different players before posting. Unfortunately, I can't force it to happen. It just randomly occurs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Remux to mkv with mkvtoolnix
    Thanks for the pointer on a tool to use to fix a damaged file. I'll look at it. My main concern is to determine where the issue lies. If this is an issue with hard drive, then I need to get a new one before doing anything. But if the consensus isit's the file, then fixing the file is all I would need to do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Copy the mp4 to a flash drive and play it ? That would get the HDD out of the picture.
    If it still goes oos on the flash drive, it's probably the file or the player.
    Quote Quote