VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Guys,

It is making me crazy not to find something that easy to do.

I'm using Dxtory to record a video, and when it is done, it make a huge AVI with two audio tracks. Then I have converted it into one mp4 file. But it still have two audio tracks.

What can I do to have this mp4 into one audio track merged?

I just want to upload it to youtube

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg-filters.html#amerge
    http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#amix

But it might be a bit complex if you never have used a command line software.

Or merge the audio tracks with an audio editor like audacity or goldwave. And then add/multiplex the audio to the mp4 using mymp4boxgui.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Worked using

Code:
    ffmpeg -i ../../1.mp4 -filter_complex "amerge,pan=stereo:c0<c0+c2:c1<c1+c3" ../../11.mp4

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Great! And thanks for posting the solution...it might help others who want to use ffmpeg for this.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cawekun View Post
    Worked using

Code:
    ffmpeg -i ../../1.mp4 -filter_complex "amerge,pan=stereo:c0<c0+c2:c1<c1+c3" ../../11.mp4

Thank you.
    Although it works, it seems to remux video as well as changing audio bitrate to 128kbps

Is there any solutions to leave video intact and just join audio? (command line if possible)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have to retried. But it is possible in Audacity.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 1st Nov 2017 at 16:52. Reason: Was Wrong as alWays
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have not figured out how to do this myself. I recorded a game with commentary (to mp4) using OBS with game audio on one track and mic on another track. Was terrible at trying to do game vs mic volume on one track. Game always came out way louder than mic and I never knew what to adjust. Figured I would try to make a recording with separate game and mic audio tracks thinking I could adjust each volume level separately after recording and then be done with it. Wrong. Recording was the easy part. Problem is a player will only play back in one track at a time, and I can't figure out how to edit each audio track and them combine them into one so the player will play with both game and mic volume at the same time. Audacity won't open a mp4, says I have to convert to wav first. This is turning out to be way more work than I thought it was going to be. For me it seems to be one track or nothing. Bummed out until I figure this out. Youtube has been absolutely no help, seems everyone making vids on recording think everyone already knows how to do this.
    I7 3770K, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3, GTX 770, Asus V278H, Z Blaster, 2 DVD Burners, Corsair M500 120 GB SSD, 2 WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, Logitech Z-5500, Corsair TX750, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Win10 Pro x64
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
    Audacity won't open a mp4, says I have to convert to wav first.
    Install the ffmpeg import/export plugin for Audacity.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/faq_installation_and_plug_ins.html#How_do_I_downloa...ort_Library.3F
    Quote Quote