VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I am using a Honestech 3.00 tool to capture from VHS to DVD, however the picture quality is somewhat poor with a black & white picture with green & purple horizontal lines across the screen, the sound quality is fine, I have cleaned the head of the video recorder but still no change in quality any suggestions would be of help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you capturing PAL or NTSC VHS tapes? PAL VHS decks play NTSC tapes but the output is a hybrid of PAL color and NTSC timing. Most capture cards don't understand that signal and give you a greyscale NTSC image.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Pearcey View Post
    Hi, I am using a Honestech 3.00 tool to capture from VHS to DVD, however the picture quality is somewhat poor with a black & white picture with green & purple horizontal lines across the screen, the sound quality is fine, I have cleaned the head of the video recorder but still no change in quality any suggestions would be of help.
    Jagabo's questions are important ones that you should reply to.

As for Honestech, why are you using it? Every advanced video forum on the internet repeatedly has been warning for years that it's crapware.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 27th May 2018 at 00:37.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Pearcey View Post

what kind of tapes are you trying to capture ?? are these Hollywood movie tapes or ones that you've recorded yourself ??
    if these are Hollywood movie tapes then you will need to bypass the copy protection.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tried two tapes, one a UK tape & one a Warner Bros tape, both have same problem tried variants of PAL & NTiS sytstems both fail
    Quote Quote