VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't done the multiregion hack, so I can't comment if it works after the FW upgrade.

However, SVCD subtitles work a lot better after the update. No more player freezes and the subtitles display correctly (they disappear when there's no coversation). Also, some SVCDs (without subtitles) that previously had playback problems (freezing for a while on some spots) now play correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by rock122
    guess what it did it rewind fast forward everything but after I turned it off and back on no more
    That was probably because you had an SVCD <36min in your player just before you inserted this one. FF/RW works but only up to the length of the first (short) SVCD. Strange but true.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I had the same problem I fix it with the new Nero 5572 and Unlead DVD to burn SVCD's FF RW work fime now
    Quote Quote  
  4. so could I just use a small svcd then put mine in? also could you give me what you did for making it work with ulead and nero
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ladies and Gentelmen I would like to thank everyone who contributed and helped me especially duck712 who at last solved it for me. Since I had to put a svcd with lower than 36 min. in it I just put in a failed svcd that had like 3 seconds and all others work after.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by del3165
    The way I cured this was using a version of nero that allowed u to put the scandata file in manually and it works perfect with svcd.
    Are you meaning that:
    1-you have a Philips 711
    2-You have burnt a SVCD with nero and TMPG
    3-The SVCD you burnt does FF on the Philips 711

If alla the answers are yes, please tell us
    -Do the SVCD has more than 40 min?
    -Which version of Nero did you use ?

Giuliano
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by rock122
    had to put a svcd with lower than 36 min. in it I just put in a failed svcd that had like 3 seconds and all others work after.
    Hi rock122.
    Me too have a Philips 711 DVD, with 7.22 bios
    What did you mean wit " I put in a failed svcd that had like 3 seconds and all others work after" ??!!??
    Can you better explain wath did you do ?

By the way, I've done some tests with my 711, and I discovered that:
    -the SVCD sample on www.vcdhelp.com works with 2 audio and subtitles.
    -SVCDs shorter than 40 min do ff and rew (I used the same test).
    -SVCDs longer than 40 do "time jump" from the menu (i.e. I can ff entering the time I need to reach)
    -SVCDs longer than 40 cannot ff but can slow forward (strange, isn't it?)

Giuliano
    Quote Quote