VideoHelp Forum

Poll: DVDRHelp.com...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Best VCD/SVCD/DVD Site on the Net!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...is the reason I get on the net.

(Well, one of them, anyway)

I only have 4 links on the toolbar - this is one of them.

- housepig
    Quote Quote  
  3. This site is very, very newbie-friendly. Newbies can really learn a lot, that was what I did :P But for more cutting-edge and advanced stuff, Doom9 is probably a better place. Doom9 is very hard for newbies, on the other hand
    Quote Quote  
  4. One of my many start pages (I use opera), the best site for DVD/SVCD/VCD on the web, the reason I am on the web all day (or night because I'm working nights now), also my home away from home, quite possibly one of the best sites on the internet overall . I practically live here. I am always finding something new to learn, like who would've thought that TGPO is a punk! Or even sometimes just to post in a poll or post something nonsensical like this to boost my number of overall posts! I am addicted to this site!!!! I don't know what I'll do if this site gets blocked by websense here at work. I love this place! Okay I must do some work now....

Anthony
    "The man who can make up his mind when proofs are presented to him is looked upon as a bigot, and the man who ignores proofs and the search for truth is looked upon as broad-minded and tolerant."

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great site, without a doubt, for both newbies and us pros alike.

My only complaint is that there sure seem to be a lot of teenagers and college kids here that like to run at the mouth. (Worse, some of them even have diarrhea of the mouth. You mods do a decent job trying to stop most of it.) Also, lots of "experts" that conveniently forget to offer their qualifications.

I've seen a vast improvement here since I started reading in 2000 (not much for me here in those days), and finally started posting and helping in 2002 when DVD became more prevalent to the consumers.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Best VCD/SVCD/DVD Site on the Net!

I only wish there could be a cooking-section, for us who want to discuss bananacakes and stuff like that.
    I wanna be bigger, stronger, drive a faster car...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is the reason I get on the net, I have DSL so I'm always connected to DVDRHELP.com.

SLICK RICK
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    dvdrhelp is my homepage so...
    ...(to quote the younger generation)...
    "nuff said!!!"
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The poll isn't fair - It IS the best and it's also my start page
    3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 105820974944
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Withoud this site, I'd never have made my first VCD...........or spent £1500 on upgrades and equipment in order to be able to go from VHS to DVD!

The best! Keep it coming!

Rob.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The absolutely best period! Regardless of how I feel at any given moment. That's what makes it the best. Thanks!

By the way Michael....I still don't want to buy a vcd player. But many thanks for the info! Compliancy rules - maybe. And a sincere thank you for all of your efforts. Much appreciated. Your efforts have motivated me and kept me going on this quest. Thank you again!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Idiot post,
    Of course DVDrhelp.com is the best and friendly site on the world wide web.

I recomended to all my friends.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    Is easily one of the best sites i've come across Full of encodately goodness. One of the few I can actually remember the address for (though I'm still typing it - and, oops, recommending it to people - as VCDhelp.. how long will that old name stay active?).

Now, with that little bit of ass kissing out of the way, hopefully my e-karma is up enough that I'll be able to easily find XviD drivers under Tools, and an easy-to-follow guide on how to do a DVDrip (something i havent yet "seriously" attempted), especially of how to do one of an interlaced TV show in such a way that the scrolling credits text will neither look really wierd and overly blurred, nor vertically pixellated, due to de-int...
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Far too goddamn old now EddyH's Avatar
    Soul sucking suburbia! But a different part since I last logged on.
    Search Comp PM
    hmm, sorted and installed with Xvid on yet another cannot-play-this PC inside of 45 seconds. very good going. last time i tried (prolly without dvdrhelp) it took about an hour and lots of head scratching

the dvd rip looks like it might need a bit of pondering tho!
    -= She sez there's ants in the carpet, dirty little monsters! =-
    Back after a long time away, mainly because I now need to start making up vidcapped DVDRs for work and I haven't a clue where to start any more!
    Quote Quote