VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jtommy was that the Memorex or the Imation you got? Course it's +R not -R so not the same I'm looking for anyway..

Alan
    Quote Quote  
  2. Office Depot offers free delivery for orders over $50, but they are out of stock on this media for online orders. You have to log in to your account, set your cart for instore pickup, then add the items. If your local store has them in stock, then you can apply the coupons and get the discounts.
    Thanks for the info. But all stores in my area are out of stock (couple of stores only have 1 pak left so the 2 for 1 coupon does not apply). I can place a future order with the both coupons I think. Now that i know that delivery for $50 or more is free I will do so. Thanks for the info, ckdexterhn1.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i went 30 min out of my way to pick-up the dvd's only to have the cashier tell me that she would not honor the $20 discount without a physical coupon. i bought them anyhow only b/c i had already wasted my time & gas getting there & $.89 per disk is still a steal.
    I would have called the manager over to correct the situation. If you gave them the printout of your online order, they must honor the coupon codes! If you had paid online with a credit card, then went to pick it up, they would not have been able to give you a hassle about it. I would call the 1-800 number and see if someone in customer service can credit you.

Where do the physical coupons with these codes come from? Is it only large orders or are they printed somewhere? I'll track them down for ease of use if I can of course.
    The coupon codes are for use with online orders, there is no physical coupon to bring to the store. Just do an internet search for Office Depot coupons.

I tried to do that way 2 weeks ago and have to set up 3 account to get 6 spindles :=)
    Like I've done before! Love my 200 Imation discs (Ritek G03!)

Thanks for the info. But all stores in my area are out of stock (couple of stores only have 1 pak left so the 2 for 1 coupon does not apply). I can place a future order with the both coupons I think. Now that i know that delivery for $50 or more is free I will do so. Thanks for the info, ckdexterhn1.
    No problem at all. I love this forum and I know I've gotten help from some of you with my issues, so thanks to everyone!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But the G03 is only 1x although no doubt it'll do 2x with my a05 and hacked firmware.

If the Imations they have aren't 4x for the -R I'll either go to Best Buy or have them match it on the 4x Memorex. Getting the coupon code for the price matched on the Memorex sounds like a hassle, I'd almost rather pay BB $10 more and only get 50 instead of 100. Then just wait until a month or two when they're cheaper, I don't use them too fast right now myself, still have 15 or 20 on hand of other types that are good but 1X that does 2X in my burner.

Although if BB is out it would be nice to make them match and get the coupon discount too, just a lot of extra work for the $10 on 50 and having to get another 50. May just go to Circuit City and check too if BB is out, fortunately in Cary they're all within a block.

Alan
    Quote Quote  
  5. I would have called the manager over to correct the situation. If you gave them the printout of your online order, they must honor the coupon codes! If you had paid online with a credit card, then went to pick it up, they would not have been able to give you a hassle about it. I would call the 1-800 number and see if someone in customer service can credit you.
    the manager happened to be standing right next to the cashier. i gave them the printout of my online order w/coupon codes on it & am supposing that my credit card transaction did not go through online, since they rang me up there at the register.

she said that they received a memo from corporate telling them that they could not honor the $20 off of $75 & similiar coupons unless there is a physical coupon to redeem since they claim the code was taken from a physical coupon.

i brought up the fact that it was an online code, knew of others that had used it w/o any problems, & that even the lady from the 1-800 customer service did not mention to me that i would have a problem validating the codes if it went through w/o an error msg online. i even asked that if i opted to have it delivered, then would that mean i could've gotten the dvd's for the $20 off then? the cashier & manager insisted that they still could not honor the code, which is absolute bull.

i shouldn't have caved, but like i said i had already wasted my time & gas getting there, plus i really needed them.

i called customer service again to complain after i got home & tho she was nice, she just apologized & said she couldn't do anything 'bout it & suggested that i call corporate the next day before 6pm. which i intend on doing when i get out of work at 5pm!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. If you dont pick it up then you can not have $20 dollar off.

2. When you order, you can choose pay by visa or cash. NO matter what you choose when you come to the store you will have to let them see you credit card and they will run it or pay cash in front of them.

3. When you order make sure to up the the check list and amount should be minus 20, if not then rad it carefully and redo. Remember they said after 3-4 hrs they will deliver to the store you pick NOT come there and pick up right away with the print out. They will mail you with the detail.
    Regards,
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ Alan69

I got both. I got the Memorex ricoh jpn 4x +R at Staples for 9.94 a 10 pack (60 total for 60 bucks) then saw this link and went to Odffice Depot and got the Imation that have the same code , 100 for 75 including tax.
    These work @ 8x in my Lite-On 411 that is hacked to a 811.

I also have a Pioneer 04 and the only "store bought" -R discs I like are the Fuji 4x made by Taiyo Yuden. They work great. I was buying the Ritek 4x -R's and they are great also but of course only burn @ 2x on my Pioneer.
    Quote Quote  
  8. In addition to making a customer service call, I sent them an email as a record of my complaint & this is part of their response:

"...Special offer is limited to one per customer and is valid for one-time use on delivery-only orders placed online. Valid on in-stock items only...If you did not have the physical coupon and just the coupon code, then the store automatically was told not to honor it because it is a delivery coupon, and not an actual store coupon..."

in other words, she is saying that the $20 off $75+ purchase discount is only good on deliveries. my response to that is then why did the code work successfully even after I opted for pick-up? my total came up to $73.85 for 2-50 pks of Imation dvd's, so y mislead me into expecting to pay that much when I go to the store to pick it up. that's bull*^@!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    njnj,

They are B.S, and the coupon is their weekly advertise, we dont need to cut , it is also online, only online you can have extra $20 off. and this coupon is valid until Jan 17,2004.
    Create anothe account and pick up at that store ,, but be careful to read your INBOX mail if you make mistake then you can cancel it in 3 hrs.

Good luck,
    Quote Quote  
  10. jtommyj
    These work @ 8x in my Lite-On 411 that is hacked to a 811.
    can you tell us how you hacked your Lite-On i'm sure lots of people would like this info. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  11. But the G03 is only 1x although no doubt it'll do 2x with my a05 and hacked firmware.
    Yes Ritek G03 are 1X, but will do 2X in most Pioneer A05 and Sony 510A
    without hacked firmware (I have both), and $75 is cheaper than any online store for G03! Have you seen a better price including shipping?

the cashier & manager insisted that they still could not honor the code, which is absolute bull.
    I agree, it is bull! I would keep on calling until you get someone who will make it right. Persistance works!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Listen to this, "+r discs are made by ricoh"... has anyone heard that Ricoh's +R discs are actually made by RITEK??? ... it is good to know CMC is finally has some disc that actually works. I heard my friend was telling me Memorex backed up from CMC's deal since CMC's disc sucsk. Sure it burns with less errors, MAYBE, but question is how long will they last, how long will the dye fade out??? I personally perfer generic brand since guess what, they are all the same thing . Why paying for some money only for the name?? That is not smart.

I like shop4tech's optodisc. They seems less problem. Maybe some extra dollars compare to supermediastore, but i think it worth.
    CoolRain
    :D.:D
    http://www.backuptapemedia.com
    It is not all about Money!... Have fun!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got the Memorex DVD-R 10-pack from Staples Monterey, CA ended up being manufactured by CMC Magnetics.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Beware of Office Depot!

Consider ureselves lucky if you were able to use the $20 off discount. Seems as though they are cracking down on the usage of this coupon.

Beware: I just chk'd on my bank acct & apparently, I was double charged. Once when I picked-up the Imation dvd's, the store charged $93.85 to my credit card. Apparently, the original amount of $73.85 which successfully included my coupon codes, somehow was automatically charged to my card as well!

This was the 1st time I've picked up an online order from Office Depot. What went wrong here? I gave the cashier at the store a printout of my online order, seems as though do they not know what they are doing over there.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Beware: I just chk'd on my bank acct & apparently, I was double charged. Once when I picked-up the Imation dvd's, the store charged $93.85 to my credit card. Apparently, the original amount of $73.85 which successfully included my coupon codes, somehow was automatically charged to my card as well!
    If you look at the printout of your online confirmation (the e-mail that was sent AFTER placing your order) it should say that payment was made by credit card. The only thing they should have done was make an imprint of your card when you picked up. Obviously they ran your card again when you picked up your order. They get a copy of your order also when you place an online order, and they should have seen that the order was paid for.

If you only presented them with a printout of your order, and not the e-mail confirmation stating the order was paid for, and they didn't pull their copy of the online order, then they just charged you as if you were making a purchase. Sounds like you both dropped the ball on this one. You need to take your bank statement, the e-mail confirmation of your online order and your receipt back to the store, show them that your were processed as a regular sale and not as a paid pickup, and let them credit your account the $93.85.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I just picked up 100 of the Imation DVD -R's (RitekG03's). Same deal as the previous poster. I went in with printout in hand (followed directions from this thread) and presented it to the cashier for pickup. She called the manager over and asked how to process the $20 coupon. The manager asked if I had the coupon and I said, "No, I entered the code online". She said that the coupon is only good for on-line orders, despite the fact that my printout clearly stated that it was for pickup. I got loud and asked them for the 800 number. I waited on hold for a bunch of morons to to transfer me around before I got a supervisor on the line. They proceeded to tell me that 1) I had to have the coupon in hand and 2) Their stores have the right to refuse coupons. I asked them how they could advertise so heavily about ordering online and picking up merchandise in the store, but to no avail - this chick wasn't budging. My time is worth a lot more than $20, so I went ahead and paid the $97 (California sales tax included) and left the store. It still broke down to $22.50 per container of 25, so I'm happy. They burn at 2X in my Liteon 811s too, which is acceptable and probably better for reliability than burning at 4X. Yesterday I returned the 75 Memorex DVD -R's I had bought over the last month or so. By the time the Imation's run out, the prices of discs should fall (2-3 months). I noticed you can get a spindle of 100 RitekG03's from Meritline.com for $80, but after what I've read about them combined with my own bad experience, I will try to avoid that option.
    Quote Quote  
  17. The manager asked if I had the coupon and I said, "No, I entered the code online". She said that the coupon is only good for on-line orders, despite the fact that my printout clearly stated that it was for pickup.
    Guess I was lucky that the manager I dealt with the first time was all about customer service. Even he told me that when using online coupons to just pay for the order online with a credit card. Then when you go in for pickup, they can't argue about the final price because it is already paid for.
    Quote Quote