VideoHelp Forum

Poll: How do you record your tv shows?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't watch much TV but i have a dvd recorder for that purpose when needed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD recorder but barely use it these days. I mostly get my TV shows on-line
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Capture direct to computer via Hauppauge PVR-350 (on analog channels), record to the HDD of our Kabel Deutschland cable box, or record to TS files with another cable box(to 1 of 2 16GB USB sticks).....sometimes I use both to record one show. I recorded a concert recently on both cable boxes. Good thing too....one record had a burp towards the end of the show so now I have a backup on the Kabel Deutschland box that need to be capture in real-time to my computer(only way out of that box).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have AT&T Uverse and unless the show is going to start within a few hours I have no choice but to record to their DVR first and then play it back later to record with Hauppauge Colossus. I do have the ability to do timer recordings on the Colossus but the problem is that Uverse has a "feature" that cannot be turned off where at some point between 6 and 8 hours of the box being on a channel, it will go to a screen saver display which of course would ruin a recording. So that does put some limits on my being able to use the Colossus to record TV shows while I am away or sleeping. The AT&T DVR runs independently of the screen saver display so whenever I set it to record, it will do so.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have PC TV tuner cards for capturing HD ATSC channels, plus a DVD recorder for cable and SD ATSC recording.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dvr with comcast.

I do have a hauppauge hdpvr but i don't use it much for capping.

I have been doing a lot of youtube and internet in general for tv related stuff but I still use the real thing.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What do you guys recommend for recording off of Directv? I'm looking at the Hauppauge 1212?
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HDHomerun Prime W/CABLECard (3 tuners), Hauppauge USBPVR, Hauppauge HVR-1950, Magnavox Hard Disk DVD recorder, several VHS decks. Although I'm selling the Magnavox to finance a new HTPC...
    Quote Quote  
  9. DVR for the routine stuff, online sources for the rest.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 (Model 78xxx, Combo ATSC/QAM) into WMC for HD, and a couple of Toshiba RD-XS35s and a Magnavox 515 for SD.
    Quote Quote  
  11. DVD recorder with commercial skip.
    Quote Quote